🔞 NR - High School Party Pt. 1

Callie:
"You're going," my best friend, June, urges.

"I hate parties. I would rather stay here and-"

"Don't you dare say you would rather do homework," she cuts me off with a giggle.

"No... I-I just don't want to go to some high school party."

June crosses her arms and stands in front of my bed. She stares daggers at me. A smirk slowly forms on her face.

"Natasha's gonna be there..."

I sit up from laying on the bed and squint my eyes. "Bribery."

"Maybe if you dress up... you'll even catch her eye."

"June, stop giving me false hope."

"At least you're not a band nerd or a mathlete or some shit."

I snort. "You're right. Fine."

"You're pretty popular. Being the captain of the soccer team really makes a difference. You know, you should just talk to her."

"No."

"Just come to the party."

"Go without me. Everyone loves you, June."

"But I wanna go with you!"

"Fine."

"YAY! I already picked out an outfit for you!"

"Are we matching again? Because I'm pretty sure people think we're dating because we always show up in matching outfits."

"No, 'course not."

-

I pull up with June in the passenger's seat of my Montreal green Alfa Romeo Giulia and step out. June chose my outfit of a tiny black crop top tank top and cargo pants with a silver chain looping on my belt. June, unfortunately, did decide to match me so she's in an all-black outfit that's similar to mine. We strut into our friend's party together.

"So... I need to leave you. I have a prior engagement," June smirks.

"Woah, what? Prior engagement?"

"Yup."

"Guy or girl? What grade? Are they popular? Do I know them?"

"Woah! Pause. What makes you think it's a someone?"

I raise my eyebrows with a "really" look.

"Derek and then-"

"There's two? Oh my god, June!" I giggle. "You're a player."

"See you later," June smirks then walks away.

I walk through the many... many... people dancing to the upbeat music. The house is lit up by nothing but a bunch of LED lights. I find my way to the table where all the drinks are. I fill a red Solo cup and head into the mess of people dancing and talking. I'm only alone for a minute before I'm tapped on the shoulder.

"Come play pong with us!" my friend, Dan, yells over the music.

I smile and let him drag me to the beer pong table. It's me and Dan against two others, Kevin and... Natasha. We have fun with the game, ending with Dan and I's victory. Dan and I linger by the table with a small group after the game.

"So, how's it going with Natasha?" Dan asks me.

"What're you talking about? There's literally nothing going on there."

"Right."

"What?"

"You didn't notice?"

"Notice what?"