NR - The Avengers Pt. 3

Callie:
"Said anything?" Fury asks through coms.

"Not a word," Natasha responds.

"Just get him here. We're low on time."

As Rogers and Stark go at it in their own section of the jet, I nervously rub my hands together. I haven't done this stuff in a long time. Suddenly, there's thunder and lightning, the lightning almost hitting our jet, causing it to shake violently. Loki looks fearful now.

"What's the matter? Scared of a little lightning?" Rogers pries.

"I'm not overly fond of what follows," Loki responds.

Barely a minute goes by and the ramp door is being opened and in steps a god. He grabs Loki by the throat and flies out.

"Now there's that guy," Stark groans.

"Another Asgardian?" Natasha asks.

"Think the guy's a friendly?" I finally come in.

"Doesn't matter. If he frees Loki or kills him, the Tesseract's lost," Stark says, turning and getting ready to jump.

"Stark, we need a plan of attack!" Rogers calls after him.

"I have a plan. Attack!" Stark calls back, jumping out of the jet.

"I'd sit this one out, Cal," Natasha tries.

"You brought me in. I'm not going to do nothing," I refute, getting ready to leap.

"These guys come from legends, they're basically gods."

Ignoring her attempts at keeping me here, I jump out of the jet without a parachute. I join Stark in the chase for Loki and the new god. Finally, Stark comes crashing down with the new god. He stands and his helmet opens.

"Do not touch me again!" The god yells angrily.

"Then don't take my stuff."

"You have no idea what you're dealing with."

"Shakespeare in the park? Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

I do everything I can to not laugh.

"This is beyond you, metal man. Loki will face Asgardian justice!"

"He gives up the cube, he's all yours. Until then, stay out of my way... tourist."

In one quick move, the man throws his hammer at Stark, knocking him into a tree. Not knowing what else to do, I quickly generate my wisps in preparation. As the man swings his hammer, I take this opportunity to project an extreme ball of wisp at the man, sending him flying into a tree. When he's down, Stark comes at him with his blasters, flying and striking him through the tree I just send him to. In a fit of anger, the god lifts his hammer to the sky, creating a literal lightning bolt. He then projects the bolt at Stark.

I guess this summoned some confidence in Stark because he fires his hand and chest blasters at the god, pushing the god to his knees. They face each other, then in a quick moment, the two men fly towards each other, meeting in the middle and ascending up. I lose them for a second, looking around frantically. Without warning, they come crashing back down to the woods, forcing me to roll out of the way to avoid being crushed by a guy in a metal suit and a literal god with a hammer that can make storms. The two go at it again on the ground. I stay back, not necessarily wanting to get in the middle of this fight. Out of nowhere, Captain Rogers' shield comes flying down, stopping the fight.

"Hey! That's enough!" He comes down and looks at the god. "Now, I don't know what you plan on doing here."

"I've come here to put an end to Loki's schemes!" The god exclaims.

"Then prove it! Put the hammer down."

"Um, yeah, no. Bad call. He loves his hammer," I add.

"You want me to put the hammer down?"

I watch in slight fear as the god leaps high, coming down straight on Captain Rogers. Rogers crouches down and holds up his shield. The hammer and shield make contact. The massive explosion projects me back a little. We all tiredly stand up to face each other.

"Are we done here?" Captain Rogers finally asks.

-Helicarrier-

We all sit in a briefing room at a table. We sit in silence until Banner starts the conversation.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?"

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asks.

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."

"An army? From outer space?" I ask in disbelief.

"So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for," Banner comes in again.

"Selvig?" Thor asks.

"He's an astrophysicist," Banner explains.

"He's a friend," Thor says.

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours," Natasha says sadly.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here," I add to the conversation.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you can smell crazy on him," Banner states.

"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother."

"He killed 80 people in two days," Natasha mentions.

"He's... adopted."

"I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium, what did they need Iridium for?" Banner wonders.

"It's a stabilizing agent," Tony says as he walks in. "It means the portal won't collapse on itself like it did at S.H.I.E.L.D. No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing. Also, it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long, as Loki wants." He walks to the screens. "How does Fury do this?" He asks Agent Hill.

"He turns," she replies.

"Well, that sounds exhausting. The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. Only major component he needs is a power source. A high energy density, something to kick start the cube."

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Hill asks Tony.

"Last night. The packet, Selvig's notes, the Extraction Theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?"

"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" I wonder.

"He's got to heat the cube to a 120 million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier," Banner explains.

"Unless, Selvig figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect," Tony states.

"Well, if he could do that he could achieve Heavy Ion Fusion at any reactor on the planet," Banner adds.

"Finally, someone who speaks English," Tony smiles.

"Is that what just happened?" I chuckle.

"Let's start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a Hydra weapon," Steve starts the conversation after Tony and Banner's... sweet... introduction.

"I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube. And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys," Fury adds after walking in a second ago.

"Monkeys? I do not understand," Thor comes in.

"I do! I understood that reference," Steve claims proudly.

"Shall we play, doctor?" Tony asks Banner.

"This way, sir," Banner agrees, leading him out of the room to the lab.