GROWING UP SERIES(LIAM): Part 14: First Explination

HIS POV
(y/n) hasn't questioned our mom or dad yet. I knew it would come one day, but I was hoping that maybe she could figure it out on her own. I didn't really want to bring it up, but I know she's going to wonder why she calls me Liam and not dad or where's her mom. We were all sitting around watching a movie that was on. I think it some kid's movie she's been dying to see. I was on my phone when she tapped on my arm. "Yes baby?" "Can I ask you a question?" I nodded more curious. "Why don't I have a mommy or daddy?" BOOM. There it was. The question I was dreading. I looked at all the other boys. "We're just going to go get something to eat." They announced walking into the kitchen. SMOOTH. "Li" She said. I looked down and sighed. It was now or never. "Well, I'm not your daddy I'm your brother. But you know that already. Mommy and Daddy aren't here" "Well where are they? How come they don't come home to me?" I looked and the tears in her eyes were killer enough. "Well, Mommy and Daddy couldn't take care of you. They love you so so much, but it just wasn't for them." "Why?" "I'm not so sure honey. I just know that I couldn't let you go to another family and leave me here, so I became your guardian." "What's a gureadian?" I smiled at her attempt to say the word."It's a person who takes care of you and loves you, but isn't your mommy or daddy" "But your my brother" "I am, but brothers can be guardians too" "REALLY?" I nodded laughing. "Really" "Will mommy and daddy ever come back for me?" THAT HURT. I honestly didn't know what to say to the poor girl. She's still young and doesn't understand. I can't just lie and say yes, but I can't break her little heart. "I don't know baby. When the timing is right. It might be awhile, they have to decide. But you're safe with me and the boys and we love you very very much." "I know! I Love you too!" She giggled. I smiled. "Liam?" "Mhm?" I asked still looking at her. "Did mommy and daddy love me?" My heart stopped. I nodded slowly. "Very much, baby. Very much" "Then why did they leave?" I looked up seeing the boys. They all looked with sympathy. "They just-I-They-Honestly baby, I don't know. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that I've got you and am never letting go." She smiled climbing into my lap. "I never let go either" I smiled. Maybe this wasn't such a bad thing.....