GROWING UP SERIES(LIAM): Part 20: First Day of College

HIS POV
It's hard to believe it. Yesterday, I was sitting at the front steps of her first day of Kindergarten. Today, I'm dropping her off at college. It's hard to believe that I've watched her grow up and become who she is. It's been hard yes, but it's been the best decision I had ever made taking her in. "Liam?" I was thrown out of my thoughts. "Yes?" "You okay?" She came and sat beside me in her now empty bedroom. "I just can't believe it." I chuckled. "You're going to college." "But I'll be home for holidays and the special surprise visits I know you're dying for" I groaned. " You know I hate surprises." "That's why I am going to surprise you." I laughed. "Of course you are. Are you all packed?" She sighed nodding and sitting by me. "What's wrong?" "Is it bad to say I'm scared?" I nodded. "Of course it is. It's college. But you're not far from home and I"ll come get you if you don't like it." "But I don't want to leave you here all alone." I laughed. "You worry way to much about me (y/n)." I heard a knock at the door. "Jack's here" Jack and her had been dating ever since they first started going out. They were 'high school sweethearts' as you say. He was heading off to the same college and I volunteered to drive both. Coincidence huh? "Hi Liam" I smiled and shook his hand. "Hey. Okay are we ready? Everything packed?" They both nodded and we all walked to the car. We climbed in and set off on three hour drive. By the time we hit the high way, both of them were cuddled up asleep in the back seat. I chuckled and shook my head. I thought about her throughout the years. She was quite a handful. It was some tough times, I will admit that, but I wouldn't change them for another life ever. I smiled remember all the good times with her and the laughs we would share. I pulled up to the college a bit later and woke them up. "We're here" I whispered. They both nodding climbing out and we headed to find their dorms. I looked around sadly knowing this was the last stop before I would go back home without her. We unloaded everything and learned of their dorms. I helped each one into their dorms before walking back to the car. "Bye Liam" She whispered. I saw the tears in her eyes and I quickly brought her into my arms. "Shh it's okay. I'll see you soon okay? I'm only a call away. You have Jack here too okay?" She nodded into my shirt. "I'm so proud of you. You're going to be great and you'll succeed." She laughed and wiped her eyes. "I love you" "I love you too bug." I watched her take Jack's hand and walk back her turning and waving before I got in and drove off. The sad part, she would make that surprise visit very very soon and I didn't know when to expect it.....