GROWING UP SERIES(LIAM): Part 21: Coming Home

A/N : not mine .. creds paynelittlesecret

HIS POV
It's been hard without her here. I've missed her laugh and the way she knows how to cheer me up. I've raised her since she was just a baby and now she's at college. Sure she's visited and called, but it's lonely waking up to an empty house and not hearing her growling demands in the morning. I've missed my little sister the past five years. Yes, her and Jack decided to go and get a master's degree and they stayed an extra year for more studying. I'm so beyond proud of her and Jack. I support each of their decisions 100% and never hesitate on what they need. But, I'm ready. I'm ready for her to come home for good. I'm ready for her to get a job and begin her life. I'm waiting for that day when she walks in that door, yelling her famous, "Li, I'm home". That day is today. She's finally coming home and staying. It's not a just a visit this time. She refused to tell me the time so that she could 'surprise' me, which she knows I can't stand. Anyways, I'm sitting on the couch agonizingly waiting for her. I've called her, texted her, called Jack, texted Jack, called the boys. No one will give me a detail of when she's coming. I'm beyond anxious and I can't stand it any longer. It sounds cliche, I know, but I can't wait to have her back in my arms forever. I eventually settled for laying on the couch. I slowly dozed off not realizing that I actually did until I heard that famous voice. "Li! I'm home!" She laughed. I jumped up as fast as I could and I grabbed her in my arms. She hugged me back and we just stood there. She hadn't visited in the last six months due to her testing, so this was a special reunion. We usually saw each other every two months or so. It feels like she was the one to go on tour with time. I started to feel my shirt wet and I pulled away. "Shhh why cry?" "Just missed you a lot. Been a while." I nodded bringing her back into my arms and repeatedly kissed her head. After a while, we finally pulled away and walked to the couch. We sat facing each other just like old times. "Tell me" she started. I nodded for her to continue. "Tell me everything about mom and dad." I sighed. I honestly didn't know where it was coming from, but I figured now was the best time. "They-they weren't the best." I began slowly. She laid her head against the couch waiting. "They were terrible. I'm not going to sugar coat this. You're old enough. They never treated me right from the day I was born. Cruel words, bad remarks were thrown. They just, I guess they never really cared. They always said that I was a mistake and that they just felt sorry" She sniffed. "Was I?" I looked at her before moving to bring her into my arms. "In my eyes, never. You are here so that I can protect you all your life understand?" She nodded slowly. "I made sure to get you out of there the minute I was able to. I didn't move out until the day I turned eighteen and legally became you guardian." She smiled. "Thank you" I kissed her hair. "What brought this on?" I asked looking at her. "Well, Jack wanted to meet them and I couldn't really tell him why and then I just kinda lied and said they died." "(y/n)" I sighed. "I know. I'm going to tell him now that I know." I nodded. "I'll be there if you want?" She nodded. "Please." I nodded again. "NOW No more sadness. You're home, I'm home it's party time!" "Like old times?" I nodded. "Exactly like old times" I got up and went to find all the junk food and heard her mumble, "Thank you, I love you and I'm glad to be home." I smiled continuing not letting that ruin the moment to herself. She was home for good for awhile and I couldn't be more happier.....