Chapter 7 - Citadel

THE next day brought with it a lot of alone time. Except for seeing the doctors who had wanted to run some final tests just to make sure that you would be ok to head home. You were starting to wonder if your head was going to glow from all of the scans that they were conducting. These were not the easiest either, especially if you have never had to stick your head into a tube that is inches from you face. The lights and noises alone were enough to leave you shaking. Now you aren't claustrophobic or anything, but that doesn't mean that you like to have, something like that, in your personal space.

Once all of the tests were done, you had to wait for the results to come back. This took the longest since they didn't seem to want to talk to you without your parents being present. They had told them over the phone, but they wouldn't talk to you until they were present. But they did at least remove the bandages though, so you no longer looked like a train wreck.

By time your parents arrived, you were ready to go. No news is good news right? They hadn't mentioned that you were going to have to stay another night. This should also mean that you could go back to school. Which means that you could see Ignis, Gladio, and even visit Noctis at the Citadel.

You were dressed in your school uniform again and you had your backpack, suitcase, pillow and blanket on the floor by the door so that you could grab them as you walked out of the room. You were sitting on the bed playing a game on your phone as you waited for your parents to finish talking to the doctor. They were all standing just outside of the room.

Oh, hurry up already. You thought anxiously.

You wanted to make that phone call to Noctis as soon as you got in the car to head home.

Finally they came into the room to talk. But you were just ready to get out of there. You didn't really care what they said, just as long as you got out of there. As they entered, you jumped off of the bed and walked over to them hoping that it would lead to leaving sooner.

"Well there's our anxious patient." The doctor said as you came up. "I imagine that you're ready to leave us aren't you?"

Now whatever gave you that idea. You thought as you watched he push his glasses put on the bridge of his nose.

You stared at him as you watched him.

That's just like Ignis? Does he know him? No, don't be silly. You thought as you watched him.

"I'm just ready to get back home and back to school is all." You told him as you looked away.

"Yes. Well that was the original plan. But I'm afraid you will not be able to go to school just yet." The doctor said as he looked at your chart.

"What do you mean?" You asked as you looked back to him.

"Well, the tests show that you have improved. But we're concerned that spending a whole day at the school might be a bit too much for you just yet. So we've decided that you will be staying with us for the next two days." He said as he put the chart down.

Seeing your shocked face, he chuckled out loud. "I'm just kidding. You won't be staying here."

"Then why would you say that?" You almost yelled at him.

"Well that's because you may be leaving the hospital. But I don't want you to go back to school just yet. You do still need time to recuperate. The crack on your skull could still cause you a few issues to include possible dizzy spells which could cause you to pass out. And the last thing that you need is to become dizzy and pass out while your at school. I feel that it would be best for you to relax at home for the next two days. After that we'll take a look again to see how your coming along." He concluded as he looked at you.