Chapter 63 - The Society

You glanced back down at your phone to check the time. It was about 20 minutes until you were to meet up for dinner. You had heard from Tracy about 10 minutes ago and she had said that they should be on their way down in a few. You put your phone away and glanced up the stairs that lead to the upper floors. You knew that Madam Camelia hated to wait on anyone.  And that included you. Even if it was only for a couple of minutes.

"What time is our dinner date at the Estate?" Luna asked as she sat on the bench patiently waiting.

You looked over at her and gave her a reassuring smile. "We're scheduled to have dinner with Madam Secretary Camellia, at 5."

"Will we have enough time to get over there?" Luna asked you as she gave you a slightly worried look."

She had her disguise off for now, as she sat in a slim white dress that stopped just below her knees. She had her hair braided back and a very light application of makeup to go along with her delicate silver jewelry. She looked like a princess as she sat there, straight backed, with her ankles crossed.

"We have about 20 minutes to get there now." You said in a reassuring voice as you gave you a half smile.

You could tell by how she was dressed, that everyone was going to know who she was this time as you walked through the city. There was no doubt who she was, when she was dressed like that. And there was no way of hiding who she was this time. But that wasn't the point for this visit. The idea was to help improve the overall moral in Altissia with a visit from the soon-to-be Oracle.

The citizens had had a bad fishing season that year due to a strange strain of algae that had taken over a good portion of the western waterways. They weren't sure where it had come from since no one had ever seen it before. But with the help of all the local fishermen, and one research vessel, they were able to get it under control and disposed of fairly quickly. But unfortunately, the loss of those fish had caused a lot of damage to the fish market, which had hit the citizens pretty hard. So hard in fact, that they had had to rely on the tourism heavily for money and on trade for food for that year. Which was what your dad had headed up while he was still there.

"And that's plenty of time to get there from here." You heard your dad say from above you as he came walking down the stairs in black slacks and blazer, that was accented with a dark blue button up shirt that had the first two undone.

Tracy was walking beside him with her hand on his arm as she came down wearing a matching dark blue dinner dress that stopped just above her knees. You smiled at both of them. They looked more like a married couple everyday. Which made you smile and nervous at the same time.

"You both look great." You said as you tried to smile, but you couldn't help but think about your mom as you looked at them.

"Thank you." Tracy replied as she gave you a curious look.

"Shall we head over?" Your dad said as he quickly looked at everyone.

"Yeah." You replied as you quickly looked away from your dad as you headed for the door.

You were glad to see that he looked rested again. But suddenly you could almost picture them being married and her as your new stepmom.  And that thought was something that you weren't ready for yet. It's not that you didn't like her or trust her. You just weren't ready to see her as that just yet.

Tracy dropped her gaze as Paul escorted her as they followed behind Luna and you as you headed for the mansion. He placed his hand on hers as they walked. She glanced up for a moment and gave him a quick smile before she started looking around as she got in the security detail mind set. She knew that no matter what, they had to keep an eye out for anything suspicious.  And not just for Luna this time.