Chapter 11 - Hidden Visions

You heard a knock on your door as you sat there on the couch with Ignis. He was resting his head on your lap as he laid on his back while you rubbed his sore stomach from the earlier training session. You had both been there for awhile after you got dressed again after your showers. And you had finally unlocked the doors so that everyone could come in and check on Ignis, if they wanted to. Well, perhaps not everyone. There was one person in particular, that you really didn't want to see right now. But so far you had had King Regis, Korn and the doctor from the hospital stop by to check on him.

You looked down at Ignis as he tried to relax. But this wasn't easy since he would jolt every once in a while from the pain in his stomach muscles. The doctor had said that he was impressed that it was only torn muscles considering the blows that he took. In fact he had said that he hadn't seen muscles tear like without there being more trauma. The relief though was that the doctor said that it would heal naturally in a few days. But in the meantime, he would have to deal with the pain. King Regis on the other hand, said that he would send Noctis in later with something that would speed that up for him.

You dropped your head as you slowly rubbed your fingers over his stomach. You both knew that there had also been some additional strain put on his stomach. And now as you watched him as he laid there, you felt bad for causing more harm than good with your shower idea. You were jarred out of your thoughts though when you heard the knock on the door again.

"Who is it?" You called over the movie that was playing on the TV.

"It's just me." You heard Noctis' voice say from the door.

"Come on in." You called back to the door.

You turned and watched Noctis walk into the room with a concerned look on his face as he came up to the couch. You smiled back at him as he walked up and sat down on one of the chairs next to the couch. He gave Ignis a once over as he sat down. Ignis had his head on your lap as his body was laying on the couch in his black jeans and a black and white speckled shirt.

Ignis had his right knee propped up as it laid back against the couch and his left arm was lying across his eyes. He had been laying there waited for the medicine to kick in that he had just been given for his stomach ache by their favorite doctor from the hospital. Who is apparently the only doctor who is allowed to help anyone from the royal family and those who serve him. Which would explain why he came by to check on Ignis on a Sunday night.

"How are you feeling, Iggy?" Noctis asked as he leaned forward in his chair and set his elbows on his knees.

"I could be better." He admitted as he kept his eyes closed.

"I can imagine. So how many times did he slam into you?" Noctis asked straight out.

You gave Noctis a stern look.

"It doesn't matter how many times. One time, that hard, from my dad, is too hard for anyone." You stated as you tried to prevent Noctis from bringing it up or from asking more questions about it.

You slowly moved your hand across Ignis' stomach as you tried to soothe it for him. He slightly grunted from a jolt that shot through his body as he was still hurting from your dad slamming him in the stomach twice. Once with his foot and the other time with his shoulder as he had slammed him to the ground for the second time. Although, unknown to everyone else except you and Ignis. His stomach had been further stressed by a certain activity that you had both quite enjoyed at the time, while sharing a shower. But this bit of information was only known by the two of you. The last thing you needed was anyone prying into your personal lives like that.

"So you say. But anyway." Noctis said as he looked at his retainer. "I'm glad that doc didn't find anything majorly wrong."

"Agreed." Ignis said as he fought off a deep groan from the dull pain in his abdomen. "Although I wish the medicine would kick in a little quicker."