Chapter 20 - Founder's Day

******Episode Ardyn Spoiler Alert******

Let this be a warning to those who have not played this episode, this chapter does contain spoilers for the last DLC for the game. I highly recommend playing the episode before you read this, it will help you to understand what will be going on in the background as our heroes try survive this vicious attack.

************************************

The sound of her key unlocking the door seemed to echo throughout the empty hallways in the early morning hours at the citadel. It gave her a bit of a chill as she turned the key and opened up the door. She wasn't use to being here this early. But she wanted to get her things out of the office before Paul showed up that morning. She hoped that by being here this early, she would be in and out before he even arrived. She figured the less chance for them to run into each other, the better.

She was relieved that for most of the day, she would be working in the main surveillance room. She was going to be running the equipment in the control room, as well as handling the monitoring system. This way Korn only had to worry about keeping his eyes on everything so that he could making any calls when necessary.

Meanwhile Paul was to be in the surveillance van on the street near section B which was a couple blocks away from the train station's main entrance. They wanted as much support as possible near the stage, just in case things went south. So the vans were to be within a block of the stage, hidden among other cars so that they wouldn't stand out.

Sara closed and locked the door once she entered the room. This had become a habit of hers ever since she was put under protective custody. The more locks between her and her attackers, the better. She then turned on the light and hung up her coat on the coat rack and walked towards her desk so that she could start to gather up her personal effects.

She went over to the empty paper boxes that were generally used for transporting the completed case files that were to be locked up in the vault. She grabbed one and a lid, then went back over to her desk and started packing up her items. But as she worked, she didn't realize that the light had caught the attention of a certain person.

Paul silently stretched before he pushed himself back up to a sitting position in the chair that he had been in for the past several hours as he had conducted his research. He had had a feeling that he would end up sleeping here by the way the research had gone last night. For he hadn't found a trace of Ms. Sara Long that was old enough to be laget. But he couldn't be one hundred percent sure, until he confronted her.

For it seemed like she didn't even exist until after the rescue mission in Niflheim, which would only make sense if someone was in hiding. Because only those who had been there, would even know the details of that mission. So by the way it looked, she had been there.

But that didn't make any sense. Lynn and himself, along with baby Prompto, had been the only survivors. Everyone else was either killed during the mission or were taken hostage then killed off slowly by the Nif's. This bit of information had kept him awake in his research for most of the night as he tried to figure out who she really was.

Paul rubbed the back of his neck as he stood up. Then he stretched out his arms. He glanced at his suit coat, vest and tie from last night as they laid draped over the other chair.

He was glad now that he had taken them off before he had started his research. They wouldn't have been comfortable to sleep in. In fact he had even relaxed his shirt a bit by removing his cufflinks so that he could slightly roll up his sleeves. Plus he had undone the top three buttons on his shirt so that he could breathe better as he tried to relaxed. He would still need a shower after talking to her. But that was what the gym showers were for.