Chapter 92 - Ignis' Birthday Celebration

Photo by Nightywolf.  Please support our artist by not stealing her work, but instead enjoying it and checking out her social sites for more.  She is very talented and has some fantastic work on Deviant Art.  So check her out.  Along with hundreds of other artists who share our love for the FFXV franchise.

************************************

The bedroom door creaked as you pulled it opened.  You felt like you had just entered the bedroom only a few minutes ago.  Which wasn't that far from the truth considering that you had only entered it a couple hours ago to get some sleep. And that was so you wouldn't have to leave the citadel after finishing up in the kitchen the night before. 

Your dad had actually been the one to suggested it after you had called him really late the night before to let him know that you were ready to leave.  Now He hated to leave you there.  But he also understood that you weren't going to rest until you knew for a fact that everything was done for party. Which is what lead you to staying the night in your old room.  This worked out well for you as far as getting to bed right away.  

Plus it saved your dad from having to drive back and forth since you needed to be back in a few hours anyway.  He even told you that he would bring your dress and anything else that you needed when he came back the next morning to run the security check point.   And he also said that he would let the king know as well.  This way his majesty wouldn't be freaking out if he saw the light on in your old room.

You couldn't help but to smile to yourself as you walked out of the room and closed the door behind you before you started to head for the kitchen.  Your dad really had changed over the last few years.  In the past, your dad would never of let you stay anywhere but at home or at Nicole's house.  Of course that felt like a million years ago now.  

So much had happened since the last time that you had spent the night at her house.  And it all started with your brother's death.  In fact you had to stay at her house when they first brought him into the hospital after the accident.  Of course at the time you had no idea that the accident was actually a preemptive attack from the Nif.

"(Y/n)?"  You heard a familiar voice say from behind you. "What....what are you doing here?" 

You turned around and saw Noctis standing in the hallway just outside his bedroom. He was giving you a surprised look. You smiled back as you looked at him as he stood there only wearing his sleeping pants. You dropped your head when you realized that you must have woke him up.

"Hey."  You quietly replied as you stood still as he walked over to you.  "I'm sorry did I wake you?"

"No."  He quietly said as he stopped in front of you.  "But what are you doing here?"

"Well, I don't know if you know or not.  But Marge collapsed from a heart attack last night in the kitchen while she was preparing the food for today."  You said with you head down as you rubbed your hands together.

"Yeah."  Noctis said as he dropped his head as well.  "My dad told me last night before I went to bed.  He was really worried when the ambulance took her away."

"I can imagine."  You quietly responded.  "Well, after she left.  Apparently everyone in kitchen started fighting and they couldn't seem to get it together on what they needed to do to finish prepping for today."

"So naturally you stepped in and took charge."  You heard Noctis reply as he reached over and grab one of you hands.

You quickly looked up at him surprise.  "How did you know?"

Noctis smiled back at you as he interlaced his fingers with yours.  "Because I know you.  And there's no way that you would sit back and watch them fall apart like that."