Chapter 68 - Unexpected Encounters

You were blown away with how dark the bridge was as you stepped through the door of the darkened hallway. You could just barely make out the lights on the radars in the pitch darkness as you closed the door behind you. Then you glanced over and saw a single red light that was on over the chart table. You slowly started to make your way over there when the ship pitched again.

The motion caught you off guard and you stumbled forward. You closed your eyes as you reached your hands out to brace yourself for the fall so that you wouldn't land against the equipment that was mounted to the bulkhead. But instead of your hands touching the hard metal electrical boxes that hung behind the table. You felt something warm and solid that seemed to wrap around you and stop you from falling further.

You slowly opened your eyes and looked up and saw Chris' face as he looked back down at you. You couldn't see the blue in his eyes. But you could tell that he was a bit upset again as he gave you the same bored look. Except now there was a hint of irritation in him as well now.

"So now your going to bug me on watch?" Chris asked as he held you while the ship rocked.

"I...I...I...." You stammered as you looked at him.

"Well at least you can talk." He said as he released you as the ship finally steadied itself. "Even if it is only one word."

You stared at him for a moment as he moved back against the wall. But as you went to talk again, you couldn't seem to find your voice once again. Which seemed to irritate him even more. He then looked away from you and moved over to the chart table.

"Yeah that's what I expected. Whatever." He said in a cold voice.

You gave him a frustrated look as he glanced at the digital time above the chart table. He then moved across the table, opened up a drawer and grabbed a weird looking device out. Then he closed the drawer and walked away from the table. You stared at him as he walked over to the bridge wing door and opened it up. The wind and the sound from the rough sea quickly filled the space. Then you watched in almost horror as he stepped through the door and closed it behind himself.

Holy shit! He just walked out in that! You thought as your mind immediately went crazy with thoughts of something bad happening to him.

You then quickly went over to the door to followed him out. He wasn't going to get hurt if you had anything to say about it. At least not until you talked to him. You thought as you started to open the door. But as you pushed the door open, you felt like you were being pushed back inside from the force of the wind. You had to brace yourself as you forced the door open and stepped outside.

Then you held onto the door as you closed it. But as soon as you closed the door behind you, the ship rocked again, throwing you once again off balance. And once again you found yourself stumbling, but this time there wasn't any light to give you any idea as to which direction you were falling. But just as you felt like you were about to hit the deck, you felt two arms grab you and pull you up right again as they pulled you against them and held you with firm hands.

"Do you have a death wish or something?!" You heard Chris yell at you. "Why the fuck did you follow me?!"

"I'm not the one with the death wish!" You shouted back as you could just make out his silhouette. "You are! Why the fuck are you out here?!"

"I'm working!" He shouted back. "What the hell is your excuse?!"

"I........I thought that you might get hurt. So I followed you." You half shouted back as the wind seemed to let up a bit.

You felt him slightly loosen his hands as he half shouted back. "And why would you give a shit about me?! You don't know me. Hell every time you've seen me, you just keep running into me. Literally!"