Chapter 78 - Distress Call

"There's the girl of the hour." Henry said with a huge smile. "We were hoping that you would stop by before dinner started."

"What's all this about?" You asked as you walked into the galley to see that every single cook and mess cranker were all standing around the center prep island with huge smiles on their faces.

"We just all wanted to welcome you back." Henry said as he beamed at you as he put his hand on your back and walked you over to the center island.

That was when you looked at the far end of the table as they all beamed at you. Then two of them turned around and grabbed something. Your jaw dropped as they turned back around and were holding a huge cake.

"We know that we may not be your permanent home." Henry began as he placed his hand on your shoulder. "But we hope that you will still consider us part of your family and this ship as a. home away from home."

You could barely see the cake anymore as the tears started pouring down your cheeks. "Thank you everyone. This really means a lot to me."

"So you mentioned in your email that you wanted to talk to us about something." Bob asked your dad as the three of them entered one of the offices just off from the research lab.

"I did. I wanted to ask you both about your involvement with the mission in taking down Captain Steel and his fleet of pirates." Paul said as he watched their reaction.

Paul felt his heart drop a bit as he watched the subtle look of surprise that quickly flew across Bob's face before it disappeared. And as he glanced at Alex, his heart almost ached as he saw the side glance that he gave Bob. There was more of a connection then what they had first tried to play it off as, when it came to their missing equipment. Paul could tell by their reaction that they had been right in the thick of it. And not just as victims of circumstance to which they just had been robbed.

Paul closed his eyes for a moment as he took a deep breath as he steadied himself. He knew he had to keep his personal feelings out of this and just get the facts. No matter what. So that what he did as he slowly looked back up at them when they didn't respond. He had to ask and he knew it. Otherwise there would be bigger trouble for them later on.

"I also need to know if you have had any contact with a Ms. Tracy Sullivan." Paul asked as he looked right at Bob.

Paul watched with a heavy heart as Bob seemed to freeze in place as he caught his breath. Paul saw Bob's whole body as it seemed to tense up as he stared out into space. It made him look like he had just heard a ghost. This was all that Paul needed to see to know that there had been more to his involvement then what even Tracy had told him.

"Why are you asking about them?" Alex asked as he shifted his gaze from Bob to Paul.

Paul dropped his head for a moment as he leaned back and sat on the edge of the desk. Then he looked back at both of them with his best poker face. "Well right now Ms. Tracy is being investigated for the double homicide of Madam Secretary Camelia Claustra's husband and daughter during that mission that had wiped out Captain Steel's entire fleet."

"Why her?" Bob asked as he kept his gaze down as he tried to look like he hadn't been involved.

"Well right now she is our number one suspect." Paul said in a plain voice as he focused solely on Bob. "We have reason to believe that she is the one responsible for their deaths. Since she seems to be the last one to see them alive."

"Tracy would never do that!" Bob shouted as he quickly turned to Paul. "She was the one who had tried to save them!"

"Do you have proof of this?" Paul asked in a calm voice as he kept a straight face as he watch Bob very carefully.