Chapter 83 - Date Night

"I can't believe you came home early like that."  Prompto said as he sat on the couch next to Noctis, who was relaxing back in one of the couch recliners as he seemed to be on the verge of falling asleep.  "And talk about timing.  I don't think you could have planned that any better if you tried.  What with showing up early and all."

"Well we had a change of plans at the last minute."  You said as you glanced down as you slightly swayed your hand that had your fingers interlaced with Ignis' as you sat with your back up against his chest as you both sat on the couch.  "The original plan was to return tomorrow so that I could go shopping with my godmother.  But......"

"So then why did you change your plans?"  Gladio asked as he looked at you from your dad's recliner.

"Well......."  You started to say when suddenly the door bell rang indicating that the pizza had arrived.

"Oh, let me get that."  Prompto said as he got up and walked over to the door.

"I still would have preferred to make you something a bit healthier than pizza."  Ignis said in your ear before he gave you a kiss on the cheek.

"I know."  You said as you snuggled up more to him before you turned and looked at him.  "But we don't really have any food here.  Well with the exception of the fruit cups and cake that everyone was making of course."

"Which I had planned on taking care of that with a shopping trip tomorrow before you got back."  He said in a low voice as he placed his nose right in front of yours.  "Which is why I agree with Prompto about your timing."

"Well this works out better then."  You said as you met his gaze with a smile.  "Because now we can go together."

"For the shopping, perhaps."  He said as he slightly tilted his head as he glanced at your lips, wanting to feel their softness again.  "But after that I have a couple other things to take care of."

"Oh?"  You asked as you leaned back and gave his a mischievous grin.  "And what else do you have to do?"

"That, my darling, you will have to wait and find out."  He said as he leaned in right beside your ear.  "And trust me when I say that it will be worth the wait."

"Okay."  You softly said as your breath left you as you felt his warm breath up against you ear, which caused a thrill to run down your spine as you anticipated his kiss.

But as he moved in more, you were caught off guard as his lips captured your earlobe before he lightly bit it.  Your heart immediately leaped and started racing as he slowly removed his mouth by lightly dragging his teeth across your earlobe before giving it a slight bit of suction as he released it and moved his head back and looked back at the others.  You couldn't seem to find your breath as you sat there stunned from his hidden hint of intimacy.  Which caused you to slightly drop your gaze as you tried to hide your cheeks as  you could feel the heat coming to them.

"Are you two going to join us or what?"  You heard Noctis asked as he got up from the couch recliner and head to the dining room table. 

"On our way."  Ignis said as he released you and started to get up.

You quickly released him as well and stood up yourself.  Then you both walked towards the table.  But as you approached, you realized that your dad hadn't come down yet.  You stopped by the doorway and turned to head upstairs to get him.

"I'll go grab my dad. You guys can get started."  You said as you walked towards the stairs.

"Are you sure?" Ignis asked as he gave you a concerned look.

"Yeah." You returned with a smile. "I trust that you won't trash the house in five minutes."

"It's not me that you should be worried about love.  But rather...." Ignis said as he glanced over at Prompto as he opened up a box and grabbed a slice of pizza and put it on his plate.