Chapter 28 - Small Victories

"That will be it for today. We will continue to work on this song for the rest of this week. Then we'll be starting to introduce another song each week until we have have gone over them all. To which then we will then start to review each of them. We're having our Christmas Concert just before winter break and we have a lot of songs to learn before then. So make sure that you come prepared to sing and learn." The choir director said before she started to walk away. "Wait for the bell before heading out and keep the chairs straight please."

"Yes ma'am." The class responded as everyone started to gather up their things so that they could head home for the day.

You reached down and grabbed your backpack before you walked over to Ignis. He was busy putting away the sheet music in his folder so that he could take it home to work on, as you walked over. Right as he put the flap back over the top of the knapsack after putting the folder in, you came to a stop in front of him. He looked up at you and smiled before standing up himself.

"So what did you think about your first day in a high school choir practice?" He asked as he put the strap over his shoulder.

"We certainly sound a heck of a lot better then the middle school kids." You replied with a smile.

"Tell me about it. It has been a joy to play for them the last three years. I will actually miss it after I graduate." He said as he slowly rubbed the top of the piano.

"What about college? Will you play for them?" You asked as he seemed to get a bit sad as he looked at the piano.

"Not unless I get a music scholarship. And besides, They typically only let music major students play at the college level." He said as he stopped his hand before he removing it from the piano.

"No I'm afraid that this will be my last year performing on a stage." He said with a sad tone.

"Then we will make it a year to remember." You said as you put your hand on his arm and gave him a smile.

He turned around and smiled at you. "That we will."

Ignis then wrapped his arms around your waist as he smiled down at you. "But let's not worry about that just yet. Someone has a test that they need to get ready for."

You smiled back at him as you wrapped your arms around his neck.

"Right." You said as you leaned in to give him a kiss.

"Can we keep that off of school grounds please?" You heard the choir director say from behind you.

"Yes ma'am." You both said with a smile as you released each other.

"Come on." Ignis said as he led the way out of the classroom and towards the parking lot.

Meanwhile........................

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Tracy looked at her cell phone for the twentieth time and sighed. It was Paul again. He hadn't stopped trying to get a hold of her ever since she got back to the citadel. But she didn't want to talk to him right now. What the hell was she suppose to say anyway? "Sorry I kissed you."

"Are you going to get that?" Tracy heard Korn ask from his office. "It might be urgent."

"No." Tracy said as she waved her hand in the air like she was swatting a fly. "It's just a telemarketer. Nothing important."

Korn gave her an unconvinced look.

"Well, I better get back to those notes from the last meeting." She said then quickly started typing away again.