Chapter 44 - Dress Shopping

AFTER a relaxing breakfast in the garden, everyone gathered in the foyer as they waited for the cars to come around. Everyone was talking to their parent or guardian before departing. King Regis was talking to Noctis, Ignis with Korn, Gladio with Ciarus Amcitia (who was also King Regis' Sworn Shield and childhood friend), and Monica was chatting with Jared. This had you feeling a bit left out as you stood off to the side as they all talked.

"You alright?" You heard a familiar voice said off to your side.

You looked up and saw Nyx walking up to you.

"Hey?" You looked up and smiled. "I didn't know that you were escorting us today."

Nyx smiled as he glanced down as he stopped by you. "I wasn't suppose to. But a friend asked me to do him a favor." Nyx said as he recalled how Libertus had asked him to take Crowe's place so that he could take her out for the day.

"That was very nice of you." You commented back as you watched him get slightly flustered as he nervously shifted his feet.

"No. What will be nice is if you behave today." Nyx said as he looked you straight in the eye.

You were taken back by his words. "Like I asked for us to be attacked last time." You said shortly then looked down. "I didn't ask for any of this."

Nyx rubbed your head as if he was trying to shake you out of your gloom. "No one would have asked for that." He said with a calm voice as he dropped his hand again. "But not to worry. We're within the city walls this time. They can't just fly in like last time."

"Yeah." You quietly said as you dropped your head back down as you recalled seeing the imperial ship coming over the hill right before you were thrown into the backseat of the car.

"Can you not upset the girl before they leave Nyx?" You heard a gruff voice say as someone came walking up to you. You looked up and saw an older, stronger, and much broader version of Gladiolus walking up to you.

 You looked up and saw an older, stronger, and much broader version of Gladiolus walking up to you

Clarus Amicitia - King Regis' Sworn Shield

You gulped as he gave Nyx a stern look. He definitely looked like someone you didn't dare mess with. You quickly looked away for fear that he would direct that look at you. That was the last thing that you wanted right now. One glance from him could crush anyone.

"I'm just laying down some ground rules is all." Nyx said back without missing a beat. "Relax Clarus. It's not like your going or anything. Besides, I think you scare her more than I do."

Clarus growled at Nyx then walked away. You felt your heart racing as he walked past you as he went over to talk to King Regis. You concluded at that point to never cross Gladio's dad, whether by words or swords. You didn't think that you would survive either.

"Don't mind him." Nyx said as he rolled his shoulders back as he clasped his hands behind his back. "He's always like that."

"I can see why Galdio is so serious all the time now." You commented as you glanced over at Gladio as he was talking with Monica and Jared now.