Chapter 73 - Hidden Truths

"Well you have been able to make some progress." Paul said as he looked at Weskham as they chatted through the videoconference.

"Indeed. And most of the merchants who had lost their equipment, were quite excited to learn that they would be able to get it back as soon as we're done with the case. And I found it interesting that it appears that some of the equipment belongs to the Atlantis as well." Korn was saying as he looked at Paul.

"Really?" Paul's asked as he relaxed back in his chair. "How are you sure that its theirs?"

"Well, because we found what appears to be some very expensive underwater research equipment. And the only underwater research vessel in these waters is the Atlantis." Weskham replied back with a slight smile.

Paul slightly laughed. "You just might be right. I'll be sure to ask Bob if he had had any of his equipment taken back then and I'll let you know." Paul answered.

"Please do." Korn returned. "So how have you and (y/n) been handling the ship? Have you had any problems getting use to it?"

"Not to the ship itself. She has been able to handle the trip very well in that aspect. Now the other areas, on the other hand, have caused a few problems though." Paul replied as he sat back up and crossed his arms as he leaned forward on his makeshift desk. "In fact (Y/n) could really use Ignis' help right now with that."

"How so?" Korn asked as he gave Paul a curious look.

"Well (y/n) was physically attacked by one of the male crew members last night." Paul said as he looked down as he felt his body start to tense up as he tried to keep his temper under control. "He apparently had her pinned up against the bulkhead. Doc told me that he dosen't think that he penetrate her or anything. But he had said that her shirt was torn open and her pants were undone. And both had been opened by force."

"Wait a minute?" Weskham asked as he looked at Paul in shock. "Someone tried to rape her?"

"It would appear so." Paul said as he started to clench his teeth.

"Is she okay? He didn't hurt her did he?" Korn asked as he sat up and looked at Paul in shock.

"Physical wound wise, it wasn't anything too severe. But he had done a number on her neck. She received a few puncture wounds from his teeth where he bite into her skin. He had also split her forehead open some how." Paul said as he started to struggle with keeping his temper under control.

Paul couldn't help but to recall seeing you on the bed in medical. Your forehead bleeding and numerous marks and bruises on your neck. He had to take a take a deep breath to keep from growling. And even then he still slightly grunted as he remembered the somewhat satisfying blow that he had delivered to Keith's face with his fist. Which had knocked Keith out cold with one blow.

"Dear gods." Korn said in shock as he watched Paul drop his head as he swallowed hard.

"But those aren't the wounds that I'm worried about." Paul said in a quieter tone.

"She's freezing up again isn't she?" Korn asked as he watched Paul carefully.

"Unfortunately." Paul returned as he glanced off to the side. "And the worst part of it, is that it had started in class that night before the attack. In fact I think her old reaction to the headlock maneuver may have given him the idea of how to attack her. Now this guy isn't exactly the brightest bulb. But he is quick to pick up on someone's vulnerabilities. Otherwise I don't think that he would have even tried it with her. At least not until he knew how she would react."

"Where was she at?" Weskham asked as he gave Paul a concerned look.

"She was near the fantail. It's pretty dark back there at night. Or at least that's what the kid that had helped her out said. Why she was back there still remains to be seen." Paul replied as he slowly looked at the desk