Chapter 66 - Challenges on the High Sea

After leaving the quarterdeck, Misty started leading you and Luna up to your stateroom. Along the way, she explained a bit about the layout of the ship. Which included what the numbers on the walls, or 'bullseyes' as she called them, meant and how they told you where you were at in relation to the ship's centerline. Which you learned was what ran from the bow (front), to the stern (back) of the ship and in a sense, split the ship in half lengthwise. Plus the bullseyes told you were you were at in relation to how many floors (decks) up or down you were from the main deck of the ship. And if you were on the forward (front) or aft (back) from the centerline. And if you were on the port (left ) or starboard (right) sides.

She also tried to explain what the different letters meant at the end which stood for different types of rooms. But even she admitted that this wasn't as important. Especially since most of the spaces either had their names painted or mounted to the walls just outside the room. Plus you weren't going to be in certain spaces without an escort anyway. Which was fine with you, considering that the ship was fairly large and you felt that you could easily get lost on it. Even with knowing how to read the bullseyes.

"So what's the story with your dad?" Misty bluntly asked after she showed you and Luna the mess decks, your stateroom and ending at the bridge wing where you now stood by the railings as you looked down at the pier.

"What do mean?" You asked as you watched the crew clearing the pier of the supplies as they loaded them up onto the ship.

"Is he single? I'm assuming so. Considering its just the two of you here." Misty asked as she gave you a serious look.

You slowly turned and looked at her. You searched her face to see if she was seriously asking you about your dad.

"He's currently dating someone. But why are you asking me this?" You asked cautiously.

"I'm just curious is all." She said as if it wasn't that big of a deal. "You know, it's not everyday that we get someone as gorgeous as your dad coming onboard, that's all."

You and Luna both gave her a surprised look, considering that so far every one of the men that you had seen on the ship were very handsome and strong built. You thought that maybe she was losing her vision or perhaps she had been turned down by every single one of them. Or worse yet. She had already dated every single one of them. And now none of them were interested in her anymore.

But either way, she didn't make you nervous about getting your dad's attention. After all, he was still very much in love with Tracy. For even after what had happened the night before, he still kept texting and checking his phone as he was getting updates from the security team back in Altissia as to the progress that had been made on the investigation into the hideout and with the pictures.

"Are they serious or anything?" She asked, which made you and Luna both rolled your eyes.

"Oh yes." You replied with a smirk. "Totally serious."

"Oh." She replied as she glanced down for a moment. "I see."

You and Luna were both still standing by the railing where you had looked down at the pier. You watched as Luna smiled as she rolled her eyes again before she looked back down at the pier. That was when you heard someone come walking out of the bridge area as they talked. You turned and saw your dad walking out with Alex as they talked.

".....their almost done loading up now. And once everyone has eaten chow we'll be ready to pull out. I can let you you take us out if you like?" Alex was saying to your dad as they walked over to join your little group.

"Are you sure?" Your dad asked with a slight smirk. "I wouldn't want anything to happen to your ship."

"Of course I'm sure." He returned with a smile. "And I trust that you won't let anything happen to her. And besides, Bob and I will be up here as well."