Chapter 39 - Holiday Concert

You stood in front of your mirror as you looked at your choir dress one more time to make sure that you had it on right. The director had decided on going with long black formal gowns for the girls and black tie suites for the guys for the first half of the concert. The second half would be more of a holiday theme, so everyone gets to wear their favorite holiday shirt and jeans. Your dad wasn't to pleased with the added expense of the dress. But at least they would be used for the spring concert as well.

Having both outfits was going to be a bit tricky though, since you had to carry a bag with you so that you could change

Having both outfits was going to be a bit tricky though, since you had to carry a bag with you so that you could change. Which you weren't quite sure how that was going to happen since you weren't to leave Ignis' side. Were they actually expecting the two of you to change in the same room?

That could be very interesting if that's the case. You thought as your mind started to wonder as you pictured the two of you stripping down in front of each other.

"To bad you couldn't wear your mom's old dress again." You suddenly heard from behind you.

You slightly jumped as your dad's voice jarred you out of your thoughts. You slowly turned around and looked at him. You saw that he was dressed a bit more casual than you. With his black jeans and black blazer, he looked more like he was heading to work then to a concert. But you didn't mind. Your dad always looked good anyway. Besides, it's not like he was going to be performing or anything. And the only person he would be trying to impress didn't really care what he was wearing.

 And the only person he would be trying to impress didn't really care what he was wearing

"Now why would you say that dad?" You asked as you gave him a slightly hurt look.

"I just think that the velvet dress looks better on you. That's all." He said as he gave you fatherly smile.

Suddenly you both heard the doorbell ring. Your dad turned and looked down the hallway.

"I'll get that while you finish up." He said then walked away.

"Alright." You said. Then you went about putting on your makeup.

A short while later, you were putting on your lipstick as the final touch when you sensed someone at the door. You glanced at the door through you vanity mirror and saw Ignis standing in the doorway with a smile on his face as he admired you. You slightly smiled as you admired his simple black and white suit. Both of your outfits were far from the usually fancy suits and dresses that the two of you had been wearing for the past few events. But you couldn't help but to admire how he could make even a simple suite, look like a million bucks.