Chapter 13 - Training Begins

YOU each pulled out a chair and sat down looking at each other. "So, tell me what happened." Ignis said.

You took a deep breath so that you could steady your nerves. Then you looked down at your lap and placed your hands on your legs. You tried to steady not only your body, but your mind as well. Then as you sat there looking down, you told him everything that had just happened. You started from setting the plate down, on up until you slammed the door. As you recalled everything, you could feel your anger starting to rise up in your again. 

How dare she come over to my house, unannounced, and insult me in my own home. Who does that? (Well apparently she does.)  You thought out of frustration.

Ignis just sat there as he listened quietly as you told him the events. After you had finished, he looked down and shook his head. 

She just doesn't quit. He thought as he closed his eyes for a moment. I think that I should fill (Y/N) in before this gets out of hand again.

"Perhaps I should tell you a bit more about the relationship between Gwen and I." Ignis said as he leaned over and put his elbows on his knees.

You sat back a minute as you held your breath. 

"Please don't tell me that you two dated or are still dating." You said as you could feel the color starting to drain from your face.

"No, it's nothing like that." He said as he sat back in the chair as he looked right at you. "Well, not officially anyway."

You cocked your head to the side as you stared intently at him as you waited for the bomb to be dropped. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" You asked.

"When Gwen and I were kids, we would always have to go to a lot of formal dinners that were held at the Citadel. I would always be with my uncle and she was with her parents. Well her parents are in charge of most of the technology research that is conducted in Insomnia. They would always come up and talk to my uncle about the various projects that they were working on. They were always talking about how more funding could further the research that was being conducted. 

"Of course this was if the King and the Citadel were willing to pay it to their company. This of course is not interesting for any kid. Most of the time you would find us just standing off by ourselves, so as not to interrupt their conversation. Now there were times when I would have Noctis to take care of. 

"But that was only when the royal family was scheduled to attend. His majesty didn't attend all of them though. When he did, I enjoyed watching out for Noctis, it would make the party kind of fun, at least for me. But Gwen would always be left by herself.

"Well it was during one of these dinner parties when I saw her sitting off by herself as her parents were chewing my uncle's ear off. She looked lonely then usual, so I went up and started talking to her. She told me how she hated coming to these since there never seemed to be anything to do. That and it was her birthday, but she couldn't have a party since they had to attend the dinner party instead. 

"Well I felt bad for her, so I offered to keep her company while she was there. This would have been fine, but then when her parents saw us sitting there, they were soon gushing all over us.  They started telling my uncle how cute we were together and even practically forced me to dance with her. I tried to say no, but my uncle wouldn't let me. So I walked her out to the dance floor and we danced in front of the whole crowd. The whole room practically stopped to watch us, they were saying how it was the sweetest thing.

"Then finally some of the other guests walked out onto the floor. I didn't particular like it, but I danced with her anyway. My uncle told me later on that I should consider it a lesson in humility. Just because you don't want to do something, doesn't mean that you shouldn't do it. It had made Gwen very happy, even if I had been forced to dance with her.