Chapter 40 - Truce

YOU sat on the bleachers as you tried to concentrate on your assignment to Korn. But the constant noise of a basketball being dribbled by Noctis kept interrupting your train of thought.

"Come on." Noctis teased you. "Just one game." He said as he kept dribbling the ball.

"Noctis please. I have to get this done." You said as you tried to focus on what you were reading.

"Come on." Noctis said as he got closer to you. "I'll go easy on you."

You looked up and gave him a crocked smile. "Like that would ever happen."

"How do you know if you never give me a chance?" He teased as he started dribbling the ball in between his legs.

"If I do, will you promise to let me do my work afterwards." You said as you looked him straight in the eye.

Noctis stop in his tracks and held the ball to his heart. 

"I promise." He said with an excited smile.

You smiled as you rolled your eyes.  Then you put your paper in the book and put the book on the bench.

"Fine." You said.

Then you stepped down from the bleachers and walked onto the court.  Noctis had a huge smile on his face as you walked over to him. Then he tossed the ball at you.

"You can start off first." He said as started defending the hoop.

You rolled the ball in your hands for a few seconds as you smiled back at him.

"Alright." You said then started dribbling the ball as you tried to get close enough for a shot.

After awhile you lost track of the score since there wasn't really one. It was plainly obvious that he was the better player. Which is why the game shifted to simply seeing who could get past the other and try to score. The time seemed to fly by as they two of you took turns defending the hoop and taking shots. Until you heard a voice calling from the other side of the court.

"If you two are finished playing around. It's time for practice." The accented voice said.

"We'll be right over Iggy." You said as you turned your back to Noctis, while still holding the ball.

But as you turned, Noctis reached around you and tried to knock the ball out of your hands. But you pulled the ball closer to you as you tried to protect it. So he grabbed your waist instead and pulled you towards him as you tried to get away.

"Ahh," you cried, "that's cheating!" You screamed at him as you were fighting off the giggles.

"Who says?" He said as tighten his grip.

You loosened your grip on the ball as you fell against him as he pulled you closer to him. This was just enough for him to knock the ball out of you hand as you tried to fight him off. He then quickly released you and went after the ball. Then once he had it, he shot for the hoop and got a basket.

"That one doesn't count." You said as you were breathing heavily as you walked over to your bag and books.

Noctis just chuckled at you.

"Fine." He said.

Then he took the ball back over to the ball rack before joining you as you were walking across the court towards your bag.

"You do realize that you just cost me my study time?" You said to Noctis as you put the book back in your backpack.

"I know." He answered as he looked down. "But we don't have a basketball court at the citadel. And I wanted to play."