Chapter 43 - Victories and Celebration

YOUR heart raced as you looked up at Ignis as he released you and sat back on his feet. You gripped his hands firmly in your lap as he looked at you with love and fear mixed in his eyes. He almost seemed to be holding his breath as he waited to hear if you were going to share your feelings or if he was going to be shot down. For he had just confessed that you were the most important thing to him. Coming from him, this carried more weight than a two-ton tank.

You couldn't seem to say a word as your throat tighten up from emotion. The tears started to fall once more from your eyes, but this time they were from love and not from pain. Everything in your body screamed out in joy at knowing that he felt the same way that you felt. You reached out with your right hand and placed it on his face, then you sat up quickly and kissed his gently on the lips.

"Hey, hey you two." Noctis interrupted. "There are prying eyes everywhere." He said as he smiled at the two of you. "Besides, it doesn't look good when my retainers are making out in front of me now does it?"

You broke off as you gave a slight laugh to the comment.

"No. I suppose not." You said as you sat back with your hand still on Ignis' cheek.

Ignis smiled back and placed his left hand on your right wrist. You instantly winced from the touch, then gasped from the pain as he applied a small amount of pressure. He quickly slid his hand down towards your elbow as he pushed your sleeve back to relieve your black and blue wrist. He then gripped your arm again and turn it over so that he could see the bruising around your wrist. You cried out from the pain as he gave you a stern look.

"What happened?" He said is a stern voice. "Who did this to you?"

"I fell, that's all." You lied as you looked away from him.

"Bull shit!" Ignis said as his temper was starting to rise.

"These bruises aren't normal bruises. These are caused from someone twisting a wrist to the point of breaking it!" You heart dropped at his harsh words.

"Ignis, what the hell!" Noctis said as he reached over and grabbed Ignis' arm. "Let go of her."

Ignis relaxed his grip, but didn't let go as he looked over at Noctis.

"Someone attacked her after she had left the pool area." Ignis said as he gave Noctis a stern look. "She was fine when she exited through the locker door, but when she came back out to the pool, she was favoring her wrist."

Holy shit. Was he watching me afterall? You thought as your heart fell further.

"How do you know that she didn't hurt it during her warm up? Or that she didn't fall on it?" Noctis said back with a stern voice. "What makes you so sure?"

"Because.." Ignis started to say.

"Because he's right." You quietly said as you kept your head down.
They both stopped and looked straight at you.

"I was attacked in the girl's locker room." You said then dropped your head. "I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to cause a scene."

"Then who the hell attacked you?" Noctis said as he felt his own heart rate starting to rise.

"I'll give you one guess, but you won't even need that one." You sighed as you dropped your shoulders and relaxed your arm.

"Gwen." They said in unison with the same angry tone.

You dropped your head more as you slightly nodded your head as you felt like shrinking out of sight. Even after all of the training that they have been doing with you. You still got hurt. Perhaps you weren't meant to be a retainer. How were you suppose to protect Noctis when you couldn't even protect yourself from a bully? Suddenly you felt a gentle kiss on your forehead.