Chapter 70 - Internal Struggles

The first class ended with no issues. Even though Misty and Keith seemed to be very insistent to try and work with the exact opposite person then who was in front of them. But they seemed to give up after a while when they realized that there was no way that it was going to happen. Especially since both groups were on opposite sides of the mat. Which exactly what you dad wanted, which greatly relieved you.

You did also enjoy watching Keith struggle to get out of your dad's grip towards the end. And that was even without your dad being overly aggressive with his grip. He kept squirming and yanking his hand away , but he just couldn't seem to the right angle. Until he finally yanked towards himself and almost fell down.

Misty, on the other hand, was quite the opposite. She was being very prissy the whole time. And she really didn't seem to like it when you grabbed her wrist. She kept acting like you were hurting her, even though you knew that you weren't. Towards the end though, you were wanting to.

The only one who didn't seem to mind who he was working with was Chris. He was focused on the actual tasks for most of class. He had been watching and listening to your dad. Then he would do exactly what he was suppose to. That was until he happen to notice you getting ready to leave. That was when he watched you put your stuff away and head out.

As you walked down the passageway, you slightly smiled to yourself. You actually felt more relaxed now. And a lot more focused. Perhaps your dad had been right when he had told you earlier that a bit of physical activity was a great way to clear the mind and calm down the nerves.

After dinner, the three of you found yourselves back in the lab again. But this time, you were able to concentrate on only each other as you both ran through the drills. First he held for you, then you held for him. You could tell that he wasn't going for power as much as he was for accuracy and focus. You followed his rhythm and did the same as you really paid attention to where you hands and feet were striking and how you were moving with each one.

Once you were done, your dad started to put away the gear for the night. While you went over a few more moves with Luna. You took your time in showing her and having her repeat it back to you so that she could see exactly what it should look and feel like for each one. As the two it you worked, your dad was walking around, cleaning up the room while he watched the two of your carefully.

"You two are quite the pair. I can see why my crew is excited to be in your class. And to be honestly, I'm very impressed with both of you myself." Paul heard Bob say as he stood by the door as he watched him putting away the last of the equipment.

"Thanks." Paul said back with a smile. "It's good to know that I can still impress an old rival."

"We were never rivals. Just friends who pushed the other to their limits. And even and beyond in some cases." Bob said as smiled back at him.

Paul slightly laughed at him as he grabbed his water bottle. "That's the same thing."

"Not to me." Bob said with a smile. "But either way. I wanted to thank you again for doing this for my crew. Their all buzzing about it now. I haven't seen them this excited since we saved the hatcheries."

Paul grinned as he slightly laughed at Bob. "I guess they don't have a lot to be excited about then."

"No I suppose not." Bob said with a smile. "But after what we have gone through in the past. I don't mind it being so boring."

"I hear ya." Paul returned with a smile. "I just wish it would stay boring."

"Aye. That would be great." Bob returned as you and Luna walked over after finishing up.

"You two work well with each other." Your dad said to you and Luna as you both stopped in front of him.

"Thanks." You returned with a smile. "It helps that Luna is a quick study."