Chapter 41 - Winter Festival

"Well I'm not going to lie. You are the last person that I expected to see tonight." Brian said as he started to pour Paul's coffee. "Hell I wasn't expecting to see you at all after I saw the news about what happened. Ifrit truly gave downtown a thrashing when he was here. And I heard that you had gotten hurt in the process. What the hell happened that day?"

"We're still investigating the incident." Korn said in a hushed tone.

"So you have no idea how he got in?" Brian asked as he froze in mid-pour.

"Brian!" Paul shouted as the coffee started overflowing.

"Oh. Shit. Sorry." Brian said and quickly starting whipping it up.

"We have a few theories. But nothing concrete yet." Korn finished as Brian cleaned up the coffee.

"You don't think he'll reappear again do you?" Brian asked as he was starting to getting a bit nervous.

"I wish I could say no. But until we know how he got in, I can't answer that." Korn finished in a more serious tone.

"But don't worry Brian." Paul said as he tried to calm down his now nervous friend. "I'll come get you again if something like that happens again. Like I said before. I can't have anything happen to my favorite restaurant."

"Thanks." Brian said in skeptical tone.

"Can we talk about something else please?" Tracy asked as she was started to get depressed about the whole thing. "I had just started to sleep better again. I really don't want to go back to the sleepless nights and nightmares again."

Paul wrapped his arm around her back as he pulled you close. "I'm sorry honey. I know that day wasn't easy for you either."

"I just want to forget it ever happened." She quietly said as she started to zone out as she slowly stirred her milkshake with her straw.

"That I can't do." Paul said as he lifted her chin so that he could look at her. "But I can give you a memorable night tonight. I'll tell you what. It'll be your choice as to where and what we do tonight. We'll do whatever you want."

"Whatever I want?" She asked as she gave him a curious look.

"Whatever you want. The kids will be off doing something tonight without us. So we can do whatever you want." He said as he sat back and watched her start to think.

"How about we go ice skating? I know the outside rink is open downtown." She asked as she gave him a curious look.

"Ice skating?" He asked as he started to get nervous.

Of all the things. He had never expected ice skating. Hell he had never been ice skating. Roller skating sure. But that was many years ago. He wasn't even sure if he still knew how to do that.

"Oh that sounds like fun." Mary chimed in with a smile. "What do you think Korn? Do you want to go too?"

"That does sound like a splendid idea." Korn said as he gave Mary a small smile. "I haven't been ice skating in years. It will be fun to see if I can still glide across the ice as smoothly as I use to."

Shit. Korn can ice skate to? Am I the only who can't? Paul thought as he nervously sat there as they started to talk about it further.

He was starting to get really nervous now. He didn't want embarrass himself or Tracy. Plus he really didn't want to get hurt when he was still finishing off his rehab. But he had said whatever she wanted. And if she wanted to ice skating, then ice skating it would be.