Chapter 45 - Car Trouble

BZZZZZZZZZ

You jumped slightly from the vibration in your pocket from you phone. Then you quickly reached in and pulled it out. You sighed as you looked at the screen and saw that it was a text from Noctis. You lowered the phone a bit as you once again felt your heart drop as you read his text.

I'm sorry. Can we talk?   Shined bright across the screen as you walked through the dark hallways.

"Who's that from?'' Ignis asked as he glanced over at you as the two of you walked back down the stairs.

"Just one spoiled prince." You said in a hurt tone.

Ignis gave you a stunned look. "Noct?"

"The one and only. But he'll have to do better than a text if he wants to apologize to me." You said as you put your phone back in your pocket.

"Your not going to answer him?" Ignis asked as you both stepped back onto the ground floor and started for the entrance.

"Nope." You said in a short tone.

"Not after the way he just shouted at us like that." You replied as you picked up speed as you headed down the hallway that went past the dining room and kitchen.

Ignis dropped his gaze for a moment as he walked beside you. Noctis had been awfully short with both of you. Which is why he understood why you were upset. But Ignis had been on the receiving end before of Noctis' anger and had never not answered him back.

"If he wants to apologize properly." You said as you placed both hands on the double doors that lead out of the living quarters.

"Then he can do it in person." You finished as you shoved open both doors.

Ignis stopped in his tracks just before the doors. He slowly looked back down the hallway as he felt torn between walking away with you or turning back to talk to Noctis. He understood your frustration. But he also knew that Noctis would never act like that unless he had a good reason.

"You can go back if you want." You called back over your shoulder as the doors started to close. "I'll just meet you in Korn's office."

You didn't turned back around as the doors closed shut. Instead you headed towards the elevator. That was when you saw Axis walking through the front door of the citadel. You gave him a curious look as he came in. He was someone you hadn't seen in a long time. At least not since the trip back from the farm house.

"Mr. Axis?" You asked with a smile. "What are you doing here?"

Axis stopped dead in his tracks as he looked up and saw you. He gave you a startled look before he dropped his gaze. Then with his head down he started to head for the elevator.

"I'm on duty this morning and had to stop by for some equipment." He quickly said without meeting your eyes.

"Oh. I thought that everyone was off?" You asked as you turned and followed him to the elevator.

"Not everyone gets to enjoy holiday break you know." He said in a short tone as the two of you came to stop by the elevators. "Some of us still have to work. Otherwise no one can safely enjoy their holiday."

"I suppose so." You said as you dropped your gaze as you waited for the elevator. "I never thought about that. I guess I was just too wrapped up in other things to even consider that."

"And that's the problem with all of you." He said in a short voice as door opened up to the elevator.

"You only think of yourselves" He said in a stern voice as he got onboard.