Chapter 6 - First Night Back

DURING dinner there was a lot of talking and catching up for everyone. You had told Ignis all about Altissia and the people that you got to meet there. This also included you working with Weskham at the Maagho restaurant. This seemed to really interest him since you learned several new receipts.

You told him that you would share a few with him while working in the kitchen with him. This made both of you excited since you hadn't actually worked in the same kitchen with each other yet. Each time you had cooked, he had either been watching or doing something else. This would be the first time that you had a chance to share the kitchen with him. You started to get nervous and excited at the same time as to how this was going to work.

While talking with Ignis, you kept glancing at your dad and noticed that he seemed to be enjoying himself for the first time in a long time. He was actually smiling again as he talked to King Regis, Clarus, and Korn. You smiled at him when he glanced your way. He smiled back then went back to talking again.

You looked over at Monica and Gladio as they talked to Noctis and Gina when she come in for something about Talcott. You wanted to ask Monica more about Talcott, but you figured that you would wait until you were away from the adults. You didn't want to upset anyone, and right now that seemed to be what it did. Which slightly bothered you that they would be upset. But then again it did kind of make sense since they were still in high school. They were seniors, but still.

Once dinner was over, Monica, Gladio, Talcott, Clarus, and even Korn all decided to head home. Ignis had been allow to crash in Noctis' room for the night. This was fine by you since you wanted to talk to just them anyway. There were about a million questions that you had now for both of them. Especially after seeing how much everything had changed since you left for Altissia.

But first, you wanted to see how Marge and the kitchen staff were doing. So once everyone was done with desert, you helped gather up the dirty dishes and carried them into the kitchen so that you could help cleanup. But what you had intended wasn't exactly what happened.

For the instant that you walked into the kitchen, all you heard was cheers and tears from Marge as she came running from the back of the kitchen to give you a huge hug. All you had time for was Ignis grabbing the dirty dishes from you before you were engulfed in Marge's arms as she weep tears of joy that you had finally come home after all that time.

You hugged her back as you watched Ignis walk away as he carried the dirty dishes to the dish area. He smiled at you as you felt like you were being smothered by Marge's excited grip. But you returned the same grip because you had truly missed her and Jim. Even though your heart ached that you weren't hugging both of them. For you never got to see or talk to them after you left. In fact you hadn't talked to anyone except Ignis over the last three years.

Now Ignis did a good job as far as keeping you up to date with most events. But it was understood that somethings he just couldn't talk about. One of them being Gladio and Monica. Plus how do you describe a Prince starting to step into his own.

"Let me look at you dear." Marge said through her tears.

She held out your arms as a means of looking at your dress and shoes.

"You look absolutely radiant darling. It's hard to believe that your the same young lady that use to get so flustered with Korn's dinner requests." She said as she brought your hands in front of you. "You have turned into a beautiful young woman."

"Thank you very much." You quietly said as you bowed your head.

"I can see that Ignis is going to have to keep a close eye on you." Marge said as Ignis walked back into the room after dropping off the dishes.