Chapter 55 - Winter Wishes

The city seemed to be transformed into a winter paradise as you walked along the Winter Stroll that the citizens had created in the middle of the park. For it was the only place in the city that had any snow covering it. The rest of the city was cold, but dry as it usually was this time of year. But the Winter Stroll was everything but with its bright lights and white snow covering the ground. It made you feel like you were in another time as the three of you walked along the path.

Which was a good thing considering you were trying to stay calm as the three of you walked quietly through the lights. The whole scene seemed to have a calming affect on all of you. You each slightly smiled as you looked at the different lights and designs that lined the path. A couple of them were even silly, which made you slightly laugh as you looked at them.

"They really did a good job on this this year." Ignis said after you had walked almost half way through.

"They did." You replied. "They even added to some of them. The silly snowball fight between the sabertusk was a nice touch for this year. At least I think that's what those were suppose to be."

All three of you laughed for a moment.

"I was kind of wondering that myself." Noctis commented as he walked on your left while Ignis walked on your right.

"I would say that that would be a safe assumption." Ignis said as he glanced at you.

"Would it also be a safe assumption that you will listen to what happened and will hopefully forgive us?" You carefully asked as you felt your heart start to flutter as you searched his face.

Ignis dropped his head as he walked. "What's there to say that Noctis hadn't already told me?"

"And what did he tell you?" You asked as you felt your hands start to shake.

"He told me that you kissed each other in your kitchen." He calmly said before he felt his heart start to race.

"Which was a pure accident." You quickly said. "I reached up to grab an apple that he had been tossing and..."

"And what?" Ignis quickly said as he gave you a hard look. "His lips fell on yours?"

"In a sense, yeah." You said as you could feel the tears starting. "I never meant to kiss him. I was just trying to get the apple."

Noctis dropped his head as he heard what he had feared was the truth coming from you. You hadn't intended on kissing him like that. Even if it did seem that you liked it as much as he did. It had still been one sided. Perhaps the electricity that he had felt, had only been in his head as well.

"Was it the same for you? Noct?" Ignis asked as he gave Noctis a stern look as he saw Noctis with his head down.

"Perhaps." Noctis said in a dry tone as he looked away as he felt his heart start to crack again.

"Perhaps?" Ignis asked as he searched Noctis' face.

Noctis then quickly looked away and he kept looking around as he tried to avoid Ignis' studious eyes. "Let's just say that it never should have happened and carry on. You two have always been together and what happened between her and I never should have happened."

You looked at Noctis and could see the struggle that he was having with keeping himself under control. You could see that to him, that that kiss and moment had meant a lot more to him then what he was trying to let on. You could see that it was as if he had lived for that moment. Because now you could see him almost crumbling from not being able to do it again.

And if you could see that. Then you knew that Ignis could as well. You glanced over at Ignis and you could see the same concerned look on his face that you knew was on yours. You hadn't meant to hurt anyone. But now you had hurt both of them. And you weren't sure how to fix it without hurting the other.