Chapter 23 - Recovery

Paul wasn't quite sure what was going on since it felt like he was just floating around in a sea of nothing. But then he could sense someone touching his face. He then slightly woke up as he felt someone kissing his cheek. He stirred as he was started to enjoy the touch as they kissed his cheek again. Then he suddenly felt the softest lips touch his as they kissed his.  And they seemed to be waking him up as they pulled him out of his daze as he kissed them back. His senses then seemed to come alive again. Because every part of him took in the sweet smell of a certain someone which made him kiss again with a deeper urgency.

The smell was enough to fill up all of his senses and wake him completely out of his daze. He reached up with his hand and ran it across her face as he deepened the kiss by slipping his tongue past her lips. She slightly gasp as she welcomed his kiss by returning the same passion that he was giving her. She was starting to fall completely under his spell when he slowly pulled away. He froze in place as he hissed from the sudden sharp pain that he felt coming from his back as the burnt skin was being pulled on by the motion.

Tracy put her hand on his face as she tried to comfort him. "Relax love." She quietly said as she traced his chin. "You not going to want to move too much or you will feel more of the same."

"Where are we?" He whispered as he tried to relax as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"We're at Insomnia General hospital." She answered before she gave him a kiss on his cheek.

"Where's (y/n)?" He asked as he tried to capture her mouth again.

"She just went down to eat." Tracy said as she moved back from him.

"Is she okay?" He asked as he tried to move up so that he kiss her again. But all he felt was pain when he tried to move. Which only caused his to hiss again as he laid back down again.

Tracy smiled back down at him. Then she leaned back down. She couldn't help but to be draw to him. For even now as he laid there in pain, he still wanted her. She eagerly leaned back over and hungrily captured his mouth as she felt her desire for him start to build.

Paul hungrily exhaled as he reached his hand back behind her head as he once again slipped his tongue back into her mouth. He tangled his fingers in her hair as he pulled her closer. He didn't care how much his back was screaming at him or how much his ear was ringing. He wasn't going to let go of her that easily this time. He needed her, he wanted her, and he was going to get what he could by any means.

He reached his other hand up and wrapped his hand around her waist as he tried to pull her closer. But as he did, he pulled her over to the point that she was forced to lean on his upper left leg. Immediately he stopped and scream out in pain as his whole leg felt like it was being crushed. For even just a slight touch was enough to send him up the walls since his whole thigh was nothing but a huge bruise from being trapped under the rumble.

"FUCK!" He hissed as he closed his eyes and tightened his hands as he clutched them out of sheer blinding pain.

Tracy put her hand on his so that she could remove his hand from her hair before he started hurting her. He immediately released her hair once he felt her hand. He had forgotten where his hand was. Immediately after her touch, he moved both of his hands to the bed and clutched the sheet instead. The last thing he wanted was to hurt her.

Tracy leaned in and gave him a gently kiss on his forehead as she tried to help him calm back down. She could only imagine the pain, just based on his rugged breathing, the strain on his face, and the tension in his neck as he fought to try and relax again. After a few moments, the pain seemed to subside as he was able to get his breathing and heart rate back under control after slowly relaxing himself as he laid here. She ran her hand over his face and gave him a gentle kiss on the cheek.