Chapter 51 - Acceptance

"It's not that we don't appreciate you getting it for us."  Mary was saying to you and Ignis as you both sat on the couch both wearing warm sweats, while wrapped up in a thick blanket, drinking hot cocoa that Mary had just made for the two of you.

"But I told you the water temperature was too cold for that."  Korn finished as he gave both of you a stern look.

"That was the only way that we were going to find it."  You responded to him in a slightly shaking voice as you felt your body slowly starting to warm up as the chills seemed to be finally calming down.  

"The bullet was about two feet under the surface of the water on the wall."  Ignis added as he sat a lot more comfortable now that he was all warmed up.  "We wouldn't have found it any other way."

"I'm not saying your wrong."  Korn corrected.  "I just wish that you had waited.  We have wet suites that you could have worn."

You both smiled as you looked down as you slightly laughed.

"That would have been nice."  You said as Ignis pulled you closer to him as he was still trying to warm you up.

"Well a hot shower should finish warning you up."  Korn said with a smile.

Suddenly Korn's phone rang.  He quickly pulled it out.  And did a quick smile after glancing at the screen as he walked away as he answered the phone.

"Are you talking to me finally?"  Korn said as he walked away by a few feet.

"It's kind of hard not to."  Paul returned through the phone.  "You are my boss after all."

"I'll take that as a good thing."  Korn replied.  "So what do I owe the pleasure of the call?"

"I just wanted to let you know that we finished up at the house and are heading over to the dealership now.  And I wondering if they had any luck with the slug.  Where they able to find it?"  Paul's voice said from the phone.

"They did."  Korn said as he looked at the two of you still sitting on the couch.  "And I might add that it was due to your daughter's stubbornness.  I wonder where she got that from?"

Korn tried to hide the smile as he heard Paul laugh on the other side of the line.  "That's my girl.  Let her know that we'll be there shortly.  Oh and I'll pick us up something for dinner tonight.  I figured that we could go over everything as we ate.  Then I'll take my crew home for the evening. With the sniper gone, there's no more need for a high security detail anymore."

"Agreed."  Korn returned as he leaned up against the dining room table.  "We'll see you when you get back then."

"See ya."  Paul said before the call ended.

"Alright."  Korn said as he walked back over to the couch.  "Your dad is heading over to the dealership now.  So why don't you both get a nice hot shower to warm up.  But this time one of you will wait downstairs for the other to finish.  We don't encourage poor manners here."

"Yes sir."  You both replied with a slight smile.

You had a feeling that he might have gotten the impression that the last time was a bit more than a shower.  But at least he didn't question it or was upset about it.  It was like he just didn't want it to happen again.  At least not if he could prevent it.

After a nice hot shower, you were once again on the couch by yourself in your jeans and holiday sweater as Ignis took his shower.  You were watching TV when the news came on.  You sat there quietly as they started to talk about the explosion at the hotel.  You couldn't help but to glance out the window towards the hotel as the night hid the building detail from sight now.  The only thing that you saw every once in awhile was a light or two going past the now open window.