Chapter 125 - New Beginnings

"Fantastic breakfast as always. Thank you." Your dad said as he gave you a kiss on the cheek. "And thanks for helping to clean up Ignis. But you know that you didn't have to."

"I wouldn't have it any other way sir." Ignis said as he beamed at you as you both stood in front of the sink as you washed the dishes.

You couldn't help but to smile back with a huge goofy grin. This was what you had missed so much over the last few weeks. Just the two of you, side by side, working in the kitchen. And his warm smile back at you told you that he felt the same way.

"So you two are heading over to the college today for a tour?" Your dad asked as he stood by the counter.

"Yeah." You replied as you turned back to the dishes. "Ignis said that he would show me around today."

"Perfect, then I can have you drop off your paperwork at the admissions office." He replied. "I was going to take it over on Monday. But since you're going today you might as well take it yourself."

"Okay." You said with a smile before you turned to Ignis. "If that's okay with you of course?"

"It would be my greatest pleasure to get you setup." Ignis said with a smile.

"Good. I'll go get the paperwork for you." Your dad said as he turned and left the room.

"Are you sure that you don't mind?" You asked as you handed him the last dish as you turned off the water and started to dry off your hands.

Ignis gave you a warm smile as he dried off the last plate and put it in the cupboard. "Like I said. It will be my pleasure."

He then turned to you and quickly wiped the dish towel around your waist and pulled you closer to him. "And besides, it gives us the perfect excuse for being on campus."

You felt your heart leap as he pulled you closer to him and lowered his head to yours. Then he wrapped his arms around your waist and placed his lips on yours as he gently kissed you. Instantly you melted against him as you reached your hands up and wrapped them around his neck. And suddenly all was right with the world again as the two of you stood in the kitchen as you gently kissed.

And it wasn't until you both slowly pulled away that you even realized that your dad was back in the room. He was quietly watching the two of you with a slight smile as he leaned against the counter. You quickly released Ignis and dropped your head as you felt your cheeks heat up. You hadn't expected your dad to be there.

"My apologies." Ignis quickly said as he released you.

"Don't apologize for that." Paul said as he stood up and walked towards the two of you. "Just be sure to take care of her."

You quickly looked up at your dad as he smiled at Ignis.

"After all, you did make a promise to me." Your dad said in as firm tone as he handed Ignis a large manila envelope. "And I fully expect you to carry it out."

"Yes sir. And I will."  Ignis said with a serious tone and took the envelope from him.

Your dad just smiled at him and nodded before he turned to both of you. "The office should be open by now if you want to leave now. And take you time. All of the arrangements have been made with Brian for the whole weekend, as you requested. And I don't expect to see either of you for the next two days. But call me if something comes up."

"Yes sir." Ignis replied with a smile as he reached out his hand to your dad. "Thank you."

"Your welcome." Paul replied as he shook Ignis' hand before he looked back at you and saw your confusion. "What?"