Chapter 35 - Future Challenges

IGNIS paused outside of the kitchen as he tried to get his heart rate to slow down again.  He hadn't quite planned for it to get that heated in there.  He had only intended on teasing you a bit like you had him at the pool.  But he hadn't taken into account of how his own body behaves from having you that close to him. 

For again he had had a hard time controlling himself after he caught that addictive scent from you.  He didn't understand why it turned him on so much.  It's not like it was something a little more sensual, it was just a neck.  Well, maybe not just a neck, for it was only your neck that he reacted like that with. 

He took a wavering breath as he tried to shake the thoughts out of his head.  But it was too late for part of himself, which was causing some major discomfort.  He reluctantly turned to face the wall as he adjusted himself to a more comfortable position.  He slightly groaned with the relief of the pressure. 

Then he stood there for a few minutes as he tried to finish bringing down his heart rate.  That was until he heard the clank of a dish from behind him.  The sound startled him and put him on edge.  He slowly turned around to face the table with his hand reach out and ready to summon his dagger if need be.

But when he looked at the table, all he saw was the bright eyes of Gina staring back at him from the table as she happily continued to eat her eggs.  She was sitting in the head seat that he knew you had set for his uncle.  He narrowed his eyes for a brief second as he looked back at her.  But then he relaxed and walked up to her.  He noticed that she was almost done and had done a good job of keeping the mess to only her plate.

"Are you ok?"  Gina asked with her big eyes as she stared up at him.

Ignis slightly smiled back at her. 

"I'm fine."  He said as he rubbed her head.  "You know, (y/n) hadn't set that seat up for you?  That was suppose to be for my uncle."

Gina stopped mid-bite at his words.  "This wasn't for me?"  She asked as she started to put her fork down.

"It's fine now."  He said with a gentle voice. 

"Just be sure to ask next time.  And try to not to make a mess."  He told her as he rubbed her head again before removing his hand.

Gina gave Ignis her big doe eyes as she nodded with a smile.  Ignis just smiled back. 

I know that (y/n) won't mind just changing out the utensils.  He thought as he watched her take a bite of egg.  Just as long as that's the only thing that needs to be cleaned up.

"I have to go talk to my uncle for a minute.  Just finish up then head out to play.  We'll take care of the dishes."  Ignis said to her as he walked towards the garden.

She nodded one more time at Ignis.  He nodded back then entered the garden so that he could search for his uncle.  She watched him walk of the door with a smile.  Then she turned back to her breakfast.  That was when she noticed the orange juice.......

It didn't take Ignis long to find his uncle.  For he was sitting in one of the chairs by a table, near the water fountain that was in the center of the garden.  He was silently writing in his black notebook that he kept in his coat pocket.  Ignis slightly smiled as he looked at him while approached him.  It had been his uncle who had gotten him in the habit of writing certain things down.

Ignis's book was mainly full of cooking tips and recipes.  But his uncles were usually full of battle strategies and mission details as he saw how they might play out.  His uncle had told him once that it helped him to make decisions on different situations based on what could happen.  It also gave him a chance to see  how it might play out before he actually put anyone in the field.  This was one of the main reasons that he was the head of the Intelligence Department. For under his guidance, the casulty rate had dropped drastically.