Chapter 57 - Near Perfect Escape

"YOUR telling me that this is the girl that we have been trying to get for the last four months?"  You heard someone saw in a really deep voice.  "She's nothing by a child."

"I can assure you Emperor  Legolas, she is more than just a child." You heard Caligo say as he stood not to far from you as you were kneeling on the ground. "This girl has the same warping gift as Noctis himself."

You slightly opened your eyes so that you could see where you where. As you slightly moved your eyes, you could see through the soldiers, what looked to be a huge machine to your left. Off to  your right was more soldiers. Then there was a throne type seat in front of you with someone in white seated there. You figured that must be the Legolas guy that Caligo just mentioned. Than your heart stopped for a moment.

Emperor Legolas? Could that be thee, Emperor Ledolas Aldercapt who rules over all of Nifelheim? This isn't good. You thought to yourself as you whole body went tense. I have to get out of here.

"She is what we need to test out our machine."  You heard  a deep male voice growl.

"She has also proven to be very resourceful and had been very well protected by the royal family until last night." You heard a young female voice say. "She may prove to be very useful your excellency."

Immediately your heart started racing. HOLY SHIT! I really have to get out of here. Before they try to use me against Noctis. You though as you now knew why they really wanted you.

It wasn't only to get your parents to talk about the secrets that they had on the empire. No, they had a deeper reason and for you it was more personal. They were trying to get to Noctis, King Regis, and all of Insomnia through you. If this machine that they were talking about had a means to take away their power, then all of Lucis was in trouble.

Damn it! You shouted at yourself. How could I be so stupid?! I have to get myself and everyone else in those cells out of here. I won't let them get hurt. And I can't let the empire learn anything else.

"So young lady, what secrets do you have for me?" You heard Legolas' silky voice say to you.

You sat there and didn't move as you felt your hands start to shake as you tried to figure out how to get out of the rope that were holding you. If only you could get a blade, then you could cut your way out. You closed your eyes again as you tried to think. Is it possible to only summon an arrow without the bow? There was only one way to find out. You thought as you concentrated on only an arrow in your hand. You could picture the slim metal shaft with it's razer blade tip and featherly tail.

Your breath caught when you felt the metal shaft in you right hand.  Quickly you started using the tip to cut through the ropes holding your wrists.  You knew that you only had a few seconds before someone saw what you were doing.  You felt the first two strains brake apart and the tension loosen up on your wrists.

"Is she asleep or something?" Legolas asked when you didn't respond.

While still cutting the rope, you slightly glance to your right as saw that Caligo had a ID card of some sort hanging from his uniform. If you could get that, it might be the ticket to getting you the access to the system. Perhaps it might even open all of the doors. You had to get that ID card. Once you had that, then you should be able to get everyone out.

"Well someone please get her up?" Legolas said with impatience.

Calgio sneered then grabbed the back of your head by your hair and yanked it back so that you had to look up. But right as he did that you cut through the last threats of the rope. So you opened your eyes up at him with daggers. He was stunned for a moment as he looked at you. You quickly rocked forward then backwards onto your toes. As you did, you leaned back against his hand hard which, unintentionally, helped you stand up. You then reached over and grabbed his ID card off of him and shoved him off to the side.