Chapter 18 - Celebration Dance

You could feel your nerves were taking over as you started to rub your hands together. Your dad reached over and placed his hand on yours. You quickly looked up at him as he smiled back at you. You weren't quite sure why you were so nervous. It's not like you didn't know anyone who was going to be there. And unlike the last dance, there was way more security here then at the middle school. But still........

"Don't worry. The only thing that will happen tonight, is you having a great time dancing with your old man." He said as he squeezed your hand.

"And that's because I get the first dance with you tonight." He said with a huge smile. "I never got the pleasure last time. That is, if that's okay with you?"

You fought between a huge grin and crying as you looked back at him.

"Of course." You said in a calmer voice then you felt.

He smiled at you and he gave you one more squeeze before he released your hand so that he could pull up to the citadel's underground parking lot. The entrance was in the back of the building and was very heavily guarded when he pulled up. There were several guards at the gate and several on the adjacent walls as they kept watch over the area. One of the guards was checking all of the IDs to ensure that only those on the list were able to gain access to the building.

"Good evening Mr. (L/N)." The guard said as he checked his ID, as if he wasn't the one who arranged all of this.

"Good evening." Paul returned as he put his ID away. "I take it everyone is in place?"

"Yes sir." The guard returned as he gestured to one of the other guards to get him something. "Most of us have been on site for about an hour now."

"Good." Paul returned as another guard started to hand him his hands-free headset.

"He won't be needing this tonight." You heard Korn's voice say from what seemed like out of nowhere.

" You heard Korn's voice say from what seemed like out of nowhere

Then you looked over and saw Korn walk out from behind the guard. You smiled at him as he walked over and grabbed the headset from both of them. Then as he stood there, you got to see his gorgeous black suit with a royal purple vest and tie. He was another one who could make any suit look great.

"You're off duty tonight." Korn said to Paul. "After all. You're one of the special guests of honor."

Paul gave him a reluctant look as Korn nodded for the valet to take the car. The valet nodded then walked over and opened up his door while another one opened up your door. Paul slowly got out of the car but left the motor running. He gave the young valet a curious look then slightly smiled at him.