Chapter 75 - Tenebrae Promises

You figured that you must have fallen asleep on your dad for the rest of the train ride.  Since you don't remember anything about the last part of the trip except your dad moving under you when you heard the announcement that you were arriving in Tenebrae.  You slowly opened your eyes as the train pulled to a stop.  Then as you dad shifted under you, you slowly sat back up and looked around.  You couldn't see anything outside the windows as the train came to a complete stop since it was night time now.

"Well, it looks like we're here."  Your dad said while he stretched out as he sat up.

"Wonderful.  And since it's so late.  You can stay with me at the Fenestala Manor tonight.  Then you will be well rested before you head out in the morning if you like.  The first train back to the Port will be leaving at dawn."  Luna said with a smile as she stood up and grabbed her bag.

"That's very kind of you to offer."  Your dad began as he stood up and grabbed his bag.  "But your brother might have an issue with that.  Him and I don't exactly see eye to eye."

"Let me handle my brother."  Luna said with a smile.  "You just keep a level head about you.  We are under the empire's rule here you know."

"I know that all too well."  Your dad replied as he looking around nervously.

"But your protected, as long as you're with me."  Luna replied with a smile.  "Which is why I must insist that you stay with me at the manor.  I can't protect you unless your inside the manor's walls."

"It's alright dad."  You said as you gave him a comforting look.  "It will only be for tonight.  Tomorrow we can get up early and head back to the train."

Your dad gave you a nervous sigh as he looked at the two of you.  "Fine.  But only for tonight."

"Of course."  Luna replied.

Then the three of you departed from the train and walked across the platform.  After crossing the platform, you desended down the stairs and over to the first bridge that would take you to Tenebrae's main entrance.  You tried to make out the surrounding area as you walked beside your dad.  But it was simply too dark to see anything past the bridge and walking path as you followed Luna as she lead the way to a second bridge.  Your dad was walking really close to her as he kept looking at everyone. You weren't sure anymore though if he was doing it for her or for the two of you.

As you you coming across the second bridge, you came to the main entrance. You were blown away by the beautiful structure of the buildings on either side of large entrance. The thin line-like  gateway made it look more like the gate to a garden, opposed to a city.   As you approached, two guards moved out of the shadows and blocked the doorway.

"We're sorry, but we can't let you in." One of the guards said.  "If you want to enter you'll have to come back tomorrow during our visiting hours which are from dawn to dusk."

"What?" You asked with a questioning look. "Don't you know who....?"

Suddenly two medium sized, long haired, dogs came running up. One was as white as snow, while the other was as black as night. You froze in your tracks as they came up. You knew better than the run or make any sudden movements as they came up. Because if you did, they might think that you were a threat.

But instead of checking everyone out as they came up.  They went straight to Luna and both stared at her with their tails wagging happily.  Luna beamed brightly at them both as she knelt down and started to pet both of them.  You couldn't help but to smile as both dogs started wagging their tails more as they got excited. Then in a quick moment, both dogs quickly jumped up and started to lick her face.