Chapter 24 - Blades or Daggers

YOU stood there for a moment as you stared at the blade as it stuck out of the target. Your body was still tingling where Ignis had touched you with his hands, so that he could move your body into position for throwing the blade at the target to begin with. You turned your head so that you could look over at Ignis. He stood there with a grin on his face as he looked at you. You could still see a few traces left from his earlier struggle, but most of it now was just left in his eyes as they started to lighten back up again.

"Try throwing the last two now." He said nodded towards the target.

You smiled back at him as you nodded. Then you looked back towards the target and took aim again with the next blade. Then with keeping the same stance you flung the blade at the target.

Thunk. 

You heart skipped at that delightful sound. You smiled again as you let the last one fly. 

Thunk. 

 Your heart practically jump out of your chest at the sound. Then you heard clapping. You stood back up as you turned towards Ignis as he was clapping with a smile at you.

"Very well done." He said as he crossed his arms in front of himself as he beamed back at you.

But you noticed the clapping continued. This time though it was coming from behind you. You slowly turned around and saw that Noctis, Gladio and even Cor where clapping for you. You stood there in shock for a few minutes as you glanced around at each of them.

"You weren't kidding when you said that she was a quick study Ignis." Cor said finally as everyone stopped clapping. "You keep that up and you'll catch up to Ignis in no time."

"But how?" You asked as you gave Cor a questioning look.

"What?" Cor asked. "You didn't think that the adults didn't talk about this before we decided to conduct this training?"

"Well I...". You started but trailed off.

Cor saw your face and started laughing. 

 "It's alright. You will do just fine. Just keep training alright?" Cor said then he turned back to Noctis and Gladio. "Alright your highness, let's see how well you can defend against Gladio."

You smiled over at Noctis, as he gave you a nervous look before turning his attention back to Cor. You laughed to yourself as you shook your head at Noctis. Then you turned back to Ignis. He had walked away and was removing his blades from the target that he had used earlier. You followed suite and went over and started to retrieve your blades as well. You noticed that Ignis was quiet as he carefully gathered up all of the blades and walked them back to the line. Then he sat them down in sets just to the side of the line so that he could see each one of them.

You watched him as you carefully removed the blades from the stumps like he had done. (You didn't want to ruin the fun by destroying the stumps to early in the training.) But you were a bit worried that something was bothering Ignis. He didn't seem to be as into it as he had been a few minutes ago. He almost looked stressed as he focused on the blades as he examined each one before he set them down in the grass. You slowly walked up to him once you had all of the blades in your hand again.

"So now what are we going to go over?" You asked as you tried to get him to focus back on you and not just the blades in front on him.

"There's nothing else to show you." Ignis plainly replied without looking at you. "Just keep practicing throwing at the target and try to work on your aim. Simply pick a spot on the target and try to hit it." Ignis said as he stood back up after setting down a blade with it's set.