Chapter 8 - Home Sweet Home

YOU nervously held Ignis' hand as the car headed to the house. You had been trying to stay calm for the whole trip. But it seemed that the closer that you got, the more nervous that you became. Your heart was racing and your hands were shaking as the house came into view. You glanced over at your dad who was sitting next to you. He seemed to be in a daze again as he stared at the house.

........Lynn was standing in the front yard facing the house as her eyes were full of love and excitement. He walked up to her and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. She clasped his hands and squeezed tight. He tightened his grip on her as he held her firmly to him.

"Are you sure that we can afford this?" Lynn asked as she stared at the house as if it was a dream that might end.

"I'm positive we can. That's why we got it." Paul said as he kissed her hard on the cheek as he squeezed her tight.

She slightly giggled as she rocked off to the side. He then slightly loosened his grip and lowered his head to her ear. He loved how soft she felt and he couldn't wait to feel more of her. Her perfume filled his senses and was starting to drive him crazy.

"With both of us working for the citadel, we will have more than enough." Paul whispered in her ear before he gently nibbled her on the ear.

Lynn giggled as she tried to shy away from him.

"Stop." She teased to him.

"Why?" He asked before he lightly kissed her earlobe. "I'm allowed to kiss my new bride in front of our new home."

"But what will the neighbors think?" She asked as she glanced back towards him.

"Their going to be jealous of course." Paul said before he gently kissed her neck.

"And why is that?" She asked with a heated breath as she was starting to fall under his enchantment.

"Because their going to wish that they could have as much fun as we will be having tonight." He said in a deep voice as he hungirly kissed her neck.

She moaned against him as she rolled her head to the side so that he had full access to her neck. He leaned her over a bit more as he continued to kiss her neck. She seemed to tilt to one side as he leaned her over. Then suddenly she was in the air as he picked her up in the bridle carry. Then he walked towards the house and carried her inside.............

"We've been keeping up with the place for you." Korn said from the front seat as he started to get out.

Paul looked away from the house for a moment as Korn's voice once more jarred his out of his memories, as the car was at a stop in front of the house. He then opened the car door and climbed out. He felt his body start to shake as he stared at the house that had brought them joy for over twenty years. But now he felt his strength starting to fail him because now he was going to try to live in it without the one person who truly made it a home.

"We've had one of the gardeners from the citadel take care of the yard for you." Korn explained as everyone else climb out of the car.

"It looks good." Paul absently commented as he looked around the front yard at the clean cut yard and well trimmed bushes that lined the front of the house.

"We also made a few adjustments to the security. For one, we had motion detection lights installed around the outside of the house." Korn explained as he pointed out the new lights that hung on the outside wall.

Paul looked around the front of the house and could see the new lights and other sensors that now seem to litter his house. He dropped his head as he slightly smiled a bit as he thought about how Lynn had told him that she wanted more lights out front. But she wanted it more for when they came home at night so that they could see as they entered the house or for any guests so that they could see when they came to visit. But now the lights were to see if there was any intruders coming to pay a visit instead.