Chapter 80 - Harsh Tones

"(Y/n)." You heard someone say in the distance.

"(Y/n)? Hey. It's time to head out. Your dad needs his rest." You heard a soothing male voice say again.

You slowly opened your eyes and looked around and saw that you were still laying on your dad as he held you in his lap. "I'm sorry. I must have fallen asleep."

"That's understandable." You heard doc say as he stood by the bed and gave you a simple smile. "But it's time to head to your own bed now. Your dad needs to recover. And I'm afraid you laying on him isn't helping him right now."

"Oh." You said absently. "I'm sorry."

But as you started to move off of him. You heard him moan as he shifted under you. After looking at his face and seeing him slightly cringe. You carefully crawled off of him. Then you stood there for a few minutes as you watched him settle back down again.

"Can I say goodbye first?" You asked as you gave doc a side glance.

"Of course." Doc said as he stood still and nodded at you.

"In private?" You asked and watched doc slightly shift.

"Well I don't...." Doc started to argue.

"Please?" You pleaded as you turned to him. "I promise I'll leave once I'm done."

Doc dropped his head for a moment. "Of course."

"Thank you." You said to him as he turned and walked out of the room.

"Just don't take too long. He does need his rest." Doc called back as he stepped out of the door.

"I won't." You said back as doc smiled at you from the door. "And thank you."

Doc then nodded back at you and pulled the door closed behind him. You smiled after him before you turned your attention back to your dad. You took a deep breath as you tried to remember what Luna had showed you. You then closed your eyes as you started to draw all of you energy to your hands.

Then you slightly smiled as you looked down and saw that both of our hands had a warm glow to them. Then you leaned over your dad and placed your hand on his left shoulder and your forehead on his.

"I ask the grace of the gods to guide me and help me heal my dad." You said as you closed your eyes as you started to pour your energy through your hand and into your dad.

The whole room seemed to fill with a warm orange glow as you poured your energy through your hand and into your dad. You didn't move as you felt the energy flowing smoothly into him. But even as you kept still, you couldn't help it as a tear rolled down your cheek as you felt your brother and mother's hand on each of your shoulders. After a few moments the glow slowly disappeared and you opened your eyes and moved back from your dad.

"Rest dad. I'll see you in the morning." You said after you saw your dad slightly smile up at you, before he fell back to sleep again.

"Mom........Derek..........thank you for sending him back." You said as a tear rolled down your cheek.

"So, is that what it looks like after you become a Kingsglaive?" Bob asked from his chair as he looked at Bob who was sitting up in his hospital bed.

"What do you mean?" Paul asked as he gave Bob a slightly confused look.

"That machine gun." Bob said as he looked at Paul with almost wonder. "It came out of nowhere. And then the bazooka?"

Paul dropped his head as he slightly laughed. "More or less."

"Does every Kingsglaive have that capability? Can they all summon whatever weapon they want?" Bob asked as he watched Paul.

"We can only summons weapons that we are linked with." Paul said as he looked up at Bob. "Some can summon guns, while others can summon swords, shields, spears and even daggers. It just gets down to what weapon you are most comfortable and proficient with."