Chapter 29 - Unspoken Love

******Lemon Alert******

This one may be short, but I did still want to warn you that it was there.  Just in case you didn't want to read it.  Which is fine.  I don't want anyone uncomfortable.  This one though is a bit more intimate then some of the others.  Plus it involves someone we all have come to know very well.  ;)

But like all of the others, just look for the ******start****** and ******stop****** if you don't want to read it.  But I do recommend reading the rest of the chapter.  Otherwise you will be lost later on.  Just warning you now.

***********************

She nervously stood at the door in her skirt and blouse, as she stared at the door handle.  She wanted to go in.  After all, he had invited her.  But she wasn't quite sure now if she was ready to face him just yet, considering what had happened earlier.  Sure she wanted an explanation, but at the same time she was afraid of the answer.

"I did leave the door unlocked for you."  Tracy jumped and quickly looked around as the voice seemed to be coming out of nowhere.

"But I won't force you inside."  The voice quietly continued.

Tracy took a deep breath as she tried to calm back down as she dropped her head.  "But it would be a shame to miss out on this steak dinner that we have prepared though.  Plus we still have to go over the projects."

"I......"  She started to say.

Suddenly the door opened.  She looked up and saw Paul leaning  on his crutches as he stood there in his t-shirt and baggy sweatpants, as he looked at her with a half smile.  She immediately started rubbing her hands together as she got nervous.  Paul reached out and grabbed one of her hands.  She stood still as she could feel her hand tingling from his.

Paul then raised her hand up to his lips and gave it a gentle kiss as he watched her.   She watched the motion as her heart started to race.  Then she seemed to almost crumble as he kissed her hand.  For part of her wanted to throw her arms around his neck and never let go.  But the other part wanted her to run away so that she couldn't get hurt again.

"I'm sorry about earlier."  Paul quietly said as he slowly lowered her hand. 

"I wish that I hadn't freaked out like that."  Paul said as he looked down while still holding her hand.

"But, I assure you that it had nothing to do with you.  It's all me."  He said as he started rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb. 

The motion started to make her hand tingle with each slow stroke across her skin. 

"And I know that's cliche."  He said as he dropped his head a bit more.

"But in this case, it's the truth."  He said as he looked up.

"I ah......I sometimes see glimpses from my past and it takes me a bit to realize what's actually going on."  He said as if in a trance as he glanced around. 

"And before you ask," he said as he dropped his head again, "no I'm not crazy. At least I hope I'm not."

"I just...." He started to say.

But he was interrupted as she reached over and lifted up his chin so that he had to look at her.  She paused for a moment as she searched his eyes.  He wasn't sure what she was looking for as she searched his eyes.  He was just glad that she was simply looking at him again.

She moved her hand up and placed it on his cheek.  He closed his eyes and placed his hand on hers.  She slightly smiled at him as she watched him practically tremble from her touch.  So she hadn't imagined that in the shower.