Chapter 109 - Dinner Date

"Well there you two are." Weskham said with a smile. "I was beginning to think that you had changed your mind about tonight."

"Not a chance." Paul said as he smiled back at Weskham as he held your hand as he helped you off the gondula. "I would never break a promise to this young lady."

"Not intentionally anyway." You added with a smile.

"No. Not intentionally." Your dad said as the two of you walked over to the bar where Weskham was standing.

"Because you have broken promises to me before." You added as the two of you stopped in front of the bar.

"Yes. I know." Your dad replied as he looked away.

"And on more than one occasion." You continued.

"Yes. I'm very much aware of that." He replied as he shifted his feet as he looked down.

"Really?" Weskham asked with a curious look at your dad. "And what promises have you broken with her?"

Paul shook his head as he raised his hand to tell Weskham not to go there. "We're not here for that tonight."

"Indeed." Weskham said with a smile. "Well your table is ready for you."

"Thank you." You replied and started to head to it.

"And try not to disappoint her again." Weskham said to Paul before he turned around and started mixing up some drinks.

"Huh?" Your dad asked as he gave Weskham a curious look. "And what's that supposed to mean?"

"Come on dad." You said as you grabbed his hand and started pulling him away from the bar and towards the table. "Let the man get back to running his bar."

"But I want to know what he meant by that." Your dad tried to argue with you as he let you pull him away.

Which you were grateful that he did. You really didn't want him to get suspicious of the dinner being anything more than just that. Which of course it was. But you certainly didn't want him to figure it out just yet.

As you lead your dad back to the table that was behind the bar, you were pleased to see that no one was near the table. Usually there were a couple merchants that would be moored right there on the pier as they tried to sell their catch for the day. But it looked like they had left early. You couldn't help but to smile as you had a feeling that Weskham asked them to cut it short for the night.

"Oh....look." You said as you tried to act normal, which was becoming difficult as the butterflies were starting already. "There's no one back here to interrupt our conversation."

"Ah-huh." Your dad said as he looked at you as you both took a seat. "Are you going to tell me what is really going on?"

"What do you mean?" You asked as you quickly sat down and grabbed a menu.

"You've been acting strange all night." Your dad said as he looked at you and he slowly grabbed a menu while he kept his eyes on you. "Did you plan for something to happen tonight?"

You gave your dad a shocked look. "Of course I planned something."

Now your dad was the one who was shocked as you smiled back at him.

"I had planned for a nice quiet dinner for two at our favorite restaurant." You said as you opened up the menu and gave him a smirk. "Is there a problem with planning a good dinner for my dad?"

"No." He slowly said as he opened up his menu while he kept his eyes on you. "I suppose there's nothing wrong with it."

"Then relax well ya." You said with a grin before you opened up the menu in front of yourself as you acted like you trying to figure out what you wanted to eat.