Chapter 17 - Untold Past

You were on the patio with Ignis setting up the tables and chairs when you heard a commotion of voices.  The sound was coming from the living room and increased as Monica opened up the sliding glass door leading to the patio for your dad to exit the house. You looked up and beamed at your dad as soon as you saw him. But your smile quickly turned into a frown after he stepped out onto the porch and you watched Sara follow him out. She smiled as she nervously looked around. But her smile was soon replaced by a frown as well as soon as she realized that you were staring at her.

"Everything alright?" Ignis asked as he placed a hand on your waist as he step over to you.

"Looks like I was right about an additional dinner guest." You calmly said as you finished setting down the silverware before you stood back up.

"That was very nice of him to invite her." Ignis said as he smiled at her.

She sweetly smiled back at him as if relieved that both of you weren't upset by her being there. Your dad then placed his hand on her waist as he gilded her over to where Korn was standing. You could feel your heart beating fast as you watched her smile back at your dad as he gave her a huge grin.

"I kind of wish that she had turned him down." You quietly said as you stared at her.

"Don't you think that your being a bit hard on Sara?" Ignis asked as the two of you watched her starting to talk to Korn as she stood beside Paul. "She hasn't been anything but nice to you since you meet her."

You dropped your head for a moment. "I know. And your right. I have been a bit much lately."

"But there just seems to be something off about her when she's with him." You said as you looked at Ignis then back at her.

"How so?" Ignis asked as he pulled you closer and dropped his head by your neck so that he lips were right by your ear.

"I can't describe it." You said as you shook your head. "For it's more like a feeling opposed to a fact."

"Feelings and sensations can cloud one's judgement when it comes to someone you care about." Ignis said as he brushed his lips across the skin behind your ear.

Instantly you felt a thrill fly through your body as you shivered from the touch of his soft lips.

"See what I mean?" He whispered before gave you one long simple kiss on that spot.

Your whole body ignited as you felt his passionate kiss launch you into a whole different world. 

"That's not fair?"  You gasped at him.

"No more fair then you teasing me at the condo."  He said then he pulled away. 

"Besides, it helped to prove my point."  He said as he walked back towards the house to check on the food.

You stood still for a few moments as your body trembled from his touch and your mind raced as you thought about what he had said.  Perhaps he was right.  Perhaps you were so close to your dad that you honestly didn't want to let anyone near him.  Hell it made sense.  He was all you had left, as far as your family goes anyway.

"I'm really glad you came." Paul said to Sara as he handed her a beer as they stood in the kitchen.

"Thank you for inviting me." She said quietly as she took the bottle from him. "I just wish that your daughter shared your same sentiments."

"Just give her time." Paul said as he moved about the kitchen as he started grabbed everything that he needed for the grill. "This is all new territory for her."

"I know."  She said before she took a drink. 

The smooth taste seemed to glide down her throat. She slightly smiled as she looked at the bottle. She was surprised at how good it was to enjoy a drink with him again.