Chapter 97 - Revealing the Truth

You sat there on the chair by the desk with your knees to your chest as you had your arms wrapped around your legs. The room was quiet for a while after you told them everything that had happened all the way up to the security trip. Minus the visions and the magic use of course. They might not be as understanding as the guys if they where to found out.

"Dear six. I had no idea." Angie said quietly as she sat on the bed with her knees to her chest. "I don't think that I would be sane if all of that happened to me."

"It sounds like something out of a murder mystery movie or something." Becky said as she practically strangled the pillow that she was afraid to let go of now.

"More like a horror film." Chrissy quietly added as she had her head down as she grasped her ankles. "I can't imagine how scare you had to of been as you watched Gwen get hit like that. And all those times that they tried to grab you. I would be terrified to leave my house."

"It does explain a lot though." Nicole quietly said as she sat on the edge of the bed and watched you. "But why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I couldn't." You quietly said before you looked up and meet her eyes. "It might have put you in danger as well. It was bad enough that the guys were involved. And sure, their being trained for this and all. But its still isn't a good feeling knowing that you put someone else's life on the line because of you."

"No." She said as she dropped her gaze. "No, I suppose it's not."

Suddenly everyone jumped as there was a knock on the door followed by Gladio's loud voice. "Hey? Are you ladies ready to go? We should be heading downstairs."

"Oh shit." You said as you looked at your watch. "I didn't even realize what time is was. You still have to grab something to eat Nicole. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to keep you so long."

Nicole looked up at you and gave you a sad smile. "It's fine. Really."

"No its not." You said as you stood up. "Your joining us for dinner. On me. Okay?"

"It should be us buying for you." Angie said as she looked at you.

"No." You said as you smiled back at them. "Look. I didn't tell you all of that so that you would feel sorry for me. In a way I'm glad it happened. Well, everything but loosing my mom that is. Because if it hadn't happened, I wouldn't have learned everything that I have."

"But still. All those secrets. All those lies." Nicole said as she looked away for a moment. "And I still can't get over that both of your parents are secret agents. They just seemed so normal to me, you know."

"And that's why their ranked as being two of the best in their fields." You said as you beamed at the floor. "I know that they lied to me. And I was angry with them for not telling me their secret. But after I was captured, I finally understood. They didn't want anyone to use me as a means of getting to them."

Suddenly there was a knock on the door again followed by Ignis' voice this time. "Is everything alright?"

"We're coming!" You said really loud towards the door before you looked back at your friends in front of you. "I think the guys are hungry. We better go before Noctis knocks next."

"I'm surprised he wasn't the first one." Nicole smiled.

"Yeah right." You smiled as everyone got up, grabbed their stuff and headed out the door.

When you walked out of the room you saw all four of the guys waiting outside your room.  Noctis looked impatient.  While Prompto was more confused then anything.  Gladio and Ignis simply looked relieve to see you come out.