Chapter 123 - Dance For Me

As Ignis held open the kitchen door and you emerged into the dining hall, you felt like you had been warped into another time.  Because the minute that you walked out of the kitchen, there was a spotlight shining on the two of you.  You quickly looked around to see who they were looking for.  But then you got nervous, when you realized that everyone seemed to be looking at you.  

Then you jumped when you heard a semi-familiar voice specking through the microphone.  "And there's our lovely couple.  Let's give them a hand shall we?"

Suddenly everyone started clapping and making a clear path in front of you that lead all the way to the dance floor.  You slowly turned and looked at Ignis.  He looked down at you with a mischievous look.  Then he took your hand and interlaced his fingers with yours.

"I believe that's a cue love."  He said in a deep voice as he gave you an ever so slight smirk.

"Huh?"  You asked as you started to get flustered.  "Are you sure?  They could be looking for my dad or something."

Ignis gave a slight laugh.  "I pretty sure they're not looking for him."

"It looks like our dancers are being a bit shy.  Let's give them some encouragement."  The announcer said over the speakers.

"There you have it."  Ignis said in his usual cool demeanor. 

 You slowly looked around at everyone as they clapped for you.  You nervously bit your lip as you felt unsure.  That was until you saw Noctis in the crowd cheering for you with a huge smile.  Then you saw Prompto and Gwen with the same smile.  Followed by Gladio, Monica, Korn, Mary, Doc and his wife Lauren, Tracy and your dad, and even Marge when you looked behind you.  Suddenly you weren't nervous any more.  

And you bit your lip again as you turned and gave Ignis a huge smile.  

"Are you ready love?"  Ignis asked with a gleam in his eye.

You gave him a full grin as your heart started to race.  "For you?  Always."

Ignis smiled back at you as he bowed down, brought your hand up to his lips and kissed your hand as the twinkle in his eyes seemed to come back.  You smiled back and gave him deep curtsy.  Then the two of you turned and started walking hand-in-hand through the path of people as you made your way to the dance floor.  As you walked past everyone, a few of them shouted your names as everyone clapped and closed up the path after you walked past, as they turned and started to follow the two of you.

You felt your heart start to soar as you walked with him.  And your feet felt like they on a cloud as you seemed to float beside him as he lead you smoothly over to the center of the dance floor.  Right as you walked onto the dance floor, you happen to look up and see the very same band who you had danced to during the winter festival.  Your jaw dropped as the lead singer gave you a grin and a nod.  

You beamed back at him and nodded in return.  Then you turned and looked at Ignis as he stopped and slowly turned you so that you were facing him as you automatically got into position.  You couldn't help but narrow your eyes at him as you gave him a smirk.

"You planned this.  Didn't you?"  You asked as he placed your hand on his shoulder before sliding his down to your side.

He slightly rolled his eyes before he looked back at you as he grabbed your other hand.  "I may have been slightly involved with it."

"But how?"  You asked as the two of you slowly raised up your clasped hands.

"Did you forget that a certain singer handed me his phone number during the festival?"  Ignis asked with a smile as he cocked his head slightly to the side as he narrowed his eyes at you.