Chapter 9 - Fight

THE sunlight streaming in through your sliding glass doors was trying to wake you out of your restless slumber. You groaned and rolled over to try and get some more sleep. You weren't ready to face the cruel world that was waiting for you. All you wanted was to sleep and be alone. That seemed to be the only safe place anymore. For no one could hurt you if you were asleep.

But it looked like the world was bound and determined to interrupt your peace as your phone started vibrating on your nightstand. You rolled over to see who it was. Your heart rate increased as you saw Noctis' name on your screen as he was trying to call you again. You hung up the phone and slammed it back down on its face as you rolled back over. You buried your face in the bedding again as you felt the tears again. The sheets were soon soaked as you laid there and cried for what seemed like hours.

It had been three days since you had been at the Citadel for dinner. You had passed out from stress and dehydrated. Your parents had had to take you back to the hospital where they had pumped you full of fluids. Once you were good, they let you go. But by then, your family was just ready to be home.

Since then Noctis had been calling your phone everyday as he tried to reach you. But he was the last person that you wanted to talk to. Every time you saw his name show up on your phone, your heart felt like it was being ripped out and stomped on. A few times you had even silently hoped that you would never have to see him again.

As you laid there, you heard your door crack open.

"Hey honey." Said your mom softly to you. "Someone is here to see you."

"I don't want to see anyone." You said from under your pillow as you buried your head.

Your mom slightly smiled as she came over and sat on the edge of your bed. She started rubbing your back as she spoke to you.

"Come on dear." She started. "It's been three days. The doctor said that you were fine. And besides, this young man has been trying to see you ever since we got back from the hospital. Don't you think that you should at least say hi?"

"I don't want to." You said in a muffled voice.

"Well, that's to bad. He is quite handsome." Your mom returned as she was trying to tease you.

"I don't care. I don't want to see him." You said as you wrapped the pillow tighter around your head.

Your mom sighed as she rubbed your back one more time before walking back out of the room. You took your pillow off you head after she left and just laid there for a moment. Then you got up and went over to your sliding glass door. You opened it up slightly, then sat down by the cracked opening.

Within a few minutes, you heard the front door open and your mom's voice coming in through your door.

"I'm sorry dear. But she still doesn't want any visitors. Not just yet anyway. Just give her time. Perhaps after awhile she will come around." You heard her tell the visitor as she tried to comfort them.

"I see." You heard a smooth accented voice reply.

"Well, thank you very much for your time ma'am. And I'm sorry for bothering you. Please take care." You heard him say, which left you with no doubt that it was Ignis who had stopped by.

You stood up and glanced out the window and saw a black car with silver trim along with a chauffeur at the curb. You watched as Ignis walked back over to the car and got into the back seat. Then within a few moments, they drove off.

So you couldn't be bothered to stop by yourself, could you? You had to send your servant instead. What's next? Are you going to send your guardbody over to beat me up until I talk to you? You angrily thought to yourself. I'm so over this! If that's how your going to play, then you can play with someone else.