Chapter 46 - Dance Lessons

THE next week seemed to fly by as you were swamped with your schedule and with the training for the swim team. The coach had increased the amount of practice time by another hour and he had you doing close to seven thousand yards a day as he tried to get everyone prepared for districts that was fastly approaching. You were starting to feel like a prune by time you came back to the citadel after practice. But at least everyone was starting to get stronger and faster with your strokes as your body was becoming more trimmed and toned, to include you.

This was evident at the last swim meet when your team smoked the competition. (You actually felt kind of bad for the other team. They had so few females that, that their girls raced as guys. So to make the meet even, the girls on your team, got to sit it out, except for one team race. But that was because you volunteered to race against her so that it would be even. Your team still won, but it could have been for the fact that you were on Noctis' team which included Ignis and Chad.

And you couldn't help but notice that even Ignis and Noctis were starting to change a bit as they were starting to trim down and tone their waist while their chests were starting to bulk up a bit. They were actually starting to get a well-defined six pack each. But that may have been due to the coach also added in the free weights to the work out. You and Ignis had started doing this at the citadel as part of the morning routine already, so coach let the two of you pass on that part of the training. But Noctis was making up for lost time, by doing his during the dive team practice.

This left you to your own device for that hour now since they were both busy. But, with you having to spend more time in the pool and less time at the citadel doing your studies. This hour now became your study hour for the written assignments that Korn was tasking you to complete.

All of this on top of school, had made time go so fast that before you knew it, you saw signs going up for the Sweetheart Dance. It was only a few days away and the whole school was a buzz as to who was taking who. You personally were starting to get nervous over the whole thing. Not to be mistaken, you were looking forward to attending the dance. You were more concerned about the actual dancing part of the dance. You still had no idea how to really dance. Not slow dance anyway. The only slow dance you knew was when your dad had had you stand on his feet while he danced you across the floor when you were little. But there was no way that you were going to stand on Ignis feet in heels.

Each night as you were preparing dinner you tried to think of who might be able to help you learn without causing a major scene about it. Noctis and Gladio were out, they might know how to dance, but they were also too close to Ignis to keep it a secret. Jared didn't seem to like you very much, what with his criticizing spy ways. Korn was teaching you enough already. And besides, you were still nervous around him when it concerned Ignis. And this definitely concerned Ignis.

You were running out of people to consider and out of time to learn as the day got closer. You felt your heart drop as you thought about how it might embarrass Ignis to be with someone who can't dance. The last thing that you wanted was to make him look bad in front of the whole school. You sighed for what seemed like the hundredth time as you continued to cook.

"You know if you keep sighing like that, people are going to think that you don't know what your doing." You heard Marge's sweetly accented voice say from behind you.

"Perhaps their right." You quietly said as you slowly stirred the tomato sauce in front of you for the breaded cutlet dish that Korn had asked for.

"Now why would you say that?" She quietly asked as she came out of her baking section with a basket full of fresh biscuits.

You dropped your head as you tried to figure out how to say anything without letting on that you didn't know how to dance. But you couldn't figure out how to say it without just saying it. But just as you were getting ready to answer, you felt Marge's hand on your back.