Chapter 53 - Stay Close

AFTER lots of 'thank you's and plenty of 'you guys were amazing's, the three of you were finally able to make your way to the back of the bus again. You were still shaking from the adrenaline rush from protecting the bus when you went to sit back down beside Ignis. Ignis and Noctis both sat down and tried to get comfortable again as the bus flew down the road. But relaxing was apparently not something that was going to happen. For the next thing you knew, you saw headlights flying up on the bus. The blood drained from your face as the highlights got closer and closer

"Guys," you started as you stared out the back window, "I think we got company."

Both Noctis and Ignis quickly stood back up and leaned on their seats as they looked out the back window at what you were staring at. Right behind the bus and catching up fast was a black car. It was quickly gaining on the bus as it flew across the pavement. You looked closer at it as it got within 100 yards of the bus. Then you saw someone climbing out the front passenger window of the car.

"Shit!" You shouted. "Everyone get down." You said then opened back up the emergency door again.

As the door flew open, you knelt down on one knee and braced your foot against the door jam as you summoned your bow again. You watched as the person sat on the door.  You then carefully aimed for the grill of the car and where you thought might be the radiator. The person on the door saw this and aimed their gun right at you. You saw the gun aimed at you. 

You took a quick breath, then in quick succession you fired three arrows at the car. The first one stuck right in the center of the grill , but then the driver swayed the car so the last two bounced off and missed. This caused their passenger to violently bend backwards as they lost their grip.  Which caused them to drop their gun as they frantically grabbed at the door frame. Then the driver quickly swayed back over which caused the passenger to slam against the side of the car.

"Shit!" You shouted again. "I only got one to stick."

"Hang on." Ignis said as he slipped out from his seat and stood behind you.

You leaned back against the floor and rolled off to the side. Then Ignis stood in your place and chucked two daggers at the drivers' side tire. His first dagger took out the front tire as it sliced into the rubber.  This caused the car to quickly veered to the left and the second dagger to stick deep into the front grill due to the now blown tire. The passenger tire then caught the pavement sideways causing the car to suddenly start flipping quarter panel over quarter panel as it started to roll down the road after the bus.

The bus driver saw this and quickly swayed to one side as the passenger was flung out of the car and towards the bus. He swerved just in time to avoid being hit by the limp body of the passenger and the tumbling wreckage of the car. But the quick motion caused Ignis to lose his footing. He fell on his back and started to slide out the back of the bus. You saw him starting to slide.

"IGNIS!" You shouted, then you quickly rolled back over and grabbed his hand as he was starting to fall out of the bus.

"IGNIS!" Noctis shouted as he quickly got up from his seat and grabbed him from the other side by his grabbing his right leg, which prevented him from falling out the back of the bus.

Ignis then quickly put his left foot up on the side of the door frame. Noctis then placed Ignis other leg on the other side of the door frame before he released him as he sat back in his seat. Ignis then began to push himself back up and away from the door. Once he had pushed himself back in completely he laid there panting for a few minutes. You wrapped your arm around him and squeezed him hard as your body was shaking from the thought of him falling out of the bus. Then you leaned in and kissed him hard on the lips as your heart felt like it was going to beat out of your chest.