Chapter 27 - Personal Struggles

After arriving back at the house, Paul had spent the rest of the morning straightening up his office while he was getting ready for the IT department to show up with his work computer set up.  This wouldn't be to hard of a task, normally.  But as he was starting to find out, it is a lot more difficult to do, when you have a brace on your leg that prevents you from bending very far.  Plus there was the fact the every time he bent over too far, his ear would start to throb and send his vertigo haywire from the movement.  Several times he had to freeze in his tracks as he waited for the room to stop spinning.

He had given up on moving certain things for the time being, since he couldn't carry, well anything.  Sure he could grab things and lift them up.  (Even though the burn on his back would still give his grief.)  But since he had to use the crutches to walk, he had no way of moving anything further then what was within his reach.

So after moving what he could, he finally he gave up all together and he sat down in his chair.  The whole ordeal had worn him out in more than one way.  For not only was he slightly sweating from the moving and lifting.  But he was also short of breath as he was trying to get the pain from his leg and back to calm down again.

He sat there for a few minutes and closed his eyes as he calmed his breathing back down as the pain started to subside.  

This is way more difficult than I thought it was going to be.  He thought as he heavily sighed while he sat there trying to relax.

Then he heard the doorbell.  

Fuck.  Now how am I supposed to get that?  He thought as he signed heavily. 

Oh wait.  Korn said the app for my security system on my phone would let me see who's at the door.  He though as he opened back up his eyes.

Paul then grabbed his phone off of the desk and looked at the screen.  Sure enough, as soon as he looked at his phone, there was a notification about someone at the front door.  So he tapped it to open up and it showed him three guys standing  there with boxes of equipment.  And much to his relief, Korn.  Who was the one who had rung the bell.  Korn rung the bell again and looked at the camera.  Paul smiled and hit the speaker button.

"I was beginning to think that you were never going to show up."  Paul said to him.

"You should talk."  Korn said with a smile as the guys with him slightly jumped from the voice coming over the speakers.

Paul couldn't help but to slightly smile at having visitors for a bit.  It would be nice to have someone to talk to.  Even if it was for work.  At least it was better than sitting there in a quiet house by himself.  That was one thing that he was not use to.

"Come on in.  I'm in the office already."  Paul said as he watched them start to struggle with holding the equipment.

"You heard the man." Korn said to the guys that were with him as he opened up the door for them.

~~~~~~~~~~0~~~~~~~~~~

"Well I think that does it Mr. Scientia. Mr. (L/N) now has full access to everything that he needs." One of the tech said as he handed Korn a clipboard to sign off the paperwork for the equipment, while the other two finished gathering up all of the discarded packing material, empty boxes, and the extra supplies. "Is there anything else you need us to do?"

"No I think that's everything. Thank you. You can head on back to the shop now." Korn said as he signed off on all of the equipment that had just taken them a couple hours to set up and test.

Paul was sitting on his couch as he watched them finish off. 

"You're such a slave driver." Paul said in a joking manner to Korn. "Can't they even get a longer lunch break for today or something?"