one hundred and seven: deserves you

"_____, when will you get out of your slump?" garcia asked as the two of you walked over to your desk that was past reid's and morgan's. you shrugged, tucking some hair behind your ear as you looked anywhere but her stare on you.

"whenever i can actually get over the fact that there isn't a guy out there who just wants me for me, garcia. it sucks having people say they'll commit and then don't the next day, leaving you either alone at your place or kick you out of theirs."

you looked at her as you took a seat at your desk.

"i just wish that there was someone out there who was willing to just have me," you told her truthfully. "i mean, you have kevin and he absolutely adores you. why can't i have that?"

"you're dating, or trying to date, the wrong people."

you sighed, sitting back in your seat as you looked over towards reid's desk where he was sitting and reading a favorite book of his for the second time this week.

garcia followed your gaze as she saw you staring longingly over at him. you weren't even aware of the emotions your stare was providing but garcia could read through it all.

"good luck trying to date reid," she muttered as you broke your glance to look at her.

"what do you mean?"

"sugar, reid won't ever notice someone like you because, i mean, he has specific reasons. i mean that in the absolute nicest way possible."

you bit your lip harshly, looking away from her before abruptly standing up and rushing past reid's desk towards the back hallways where you could go be in peace. garcia sighed, putting a palm to her face.

reid stood up, walking over to garcia in confusion.

"what did you say to her?"

"i just told her the truth that you wouldn't ever notice someone like her as like, dating material or your type because you have your reasons."

reid furrowed his brows.

"what are you talking about? does she like me?"

garcia slowly nodded, looking off towards the direction you ran.

"i should go talk to her," he said softly, walking away from her and towards your direction that you ran.

-
you sat against the wall on the ground, feeling tears overwhelming your eyes.

all you wanted was someone and you had to keep your mind off of reid since he had a girlfriend right now. he was happy.

you just hooked up with random guys.

you wiped the tears from your eyes, pulling your knees in closer to your chest as you tried to wipe the memories from your eyes.

"_____," reid said as he approached. you felt your heartbeat speeding up as you looked over at him briefly before looking away once more, not speaking.

"_____, garcia told me that you like me. i'm flattered," he said gently, trying to be careful with you. "but you know i have a girlfriend. you know that i'm loyal to her. and i'm sure you have someone waiting just for you. they're probably out there now just making dumb dating decisions, waiting until they meet you."

you felt more tears overwhelm your body.

"i'm gonna be alone forever," you said, burying your head into your knees as you tried to hide your red eyes from him.

reid shook his head, taking a seat next to you.

"______, if you really think about it, your decision to date random guys is good because you're getting more experience that some guy will want for sure. that guy will love and cherish and adore and admire you from every single minute of every single day to every second and every hour."

you felt yourself crying more. his words weren't helping.

reid awkwardly cleared his throat, rubbing your back gently as you looked up towards him. he stared back at you.

"all i want is that," you told him. "from you."

"you know i can't do that to her," he responded. "but you'll find a guy who will do that for you."

you frowned.

"every night, i go out trying to find someone that's seemingly perfect for me and i end up wasting my time and energy and my entire life. morgan has started to make fun of how many guys i've slept with or just gone or dates with. i'm so pathetic," you muttered, looking away as reid shook his head.

"you're just figuring it out and that's okay."

you shook your head.

"no i'm not."

reid furrowed his brows in response to your statement.

"i'm trying to distract myself from someone whom i can't have."

reid sighed, noticing your teary eyes look at the pictures before looking back down towards your shoes.

"you'll find someone, ______. but until then, i want you to pick yourself up because you're an incredible person who anyone would be lucky to have. you're sweet and gentle and kind. you're eager to learn and always love reading horror novels. you're tough when you wanna be and sweet every moment of the day. there's no way you won't find someone."

you sighed, leaning against the wall fully as you stared up at a random photo taken.

"spence," you said softly. "it's obvious a lot of guys wouldn't want to date me because of my now history of dating. i haven't even had a real boyfriend."

"yes you have! it was, uh, that guy named, like, sam or something?" he asked as you shook your head.

"it was only three dates before he cheated on me."

reid sighed.

"you will find someone who deserves you, _____."