one hundred and thirty nine: ben

"no, no, ______," j.j. said, laughing a little as she handed you a sheet of paper. "this is what i was referring to the other day. it's not at all what you looked up." 

you laughed, looking at the sheet as you handed it back to her.

"makes sense," you said, giving her a smile as you took a sip of your coffee. 

"______, heads up. ben is coming downstairs to see you," garcia said as she rushed over to where you and j.j. were standing. 

"oh, shit," you muttered, setting down your drink as you faced her. "where's reid?" you asked.

"i think he's in morgan's office," she said, j.j. looking between the two of you in confusion as you picked up your coffee again and walking off quickly to find him. j.j. looked over at garcia as she began to explain the situation. 

"he's the guy who tried to steal ______ when she and reid first started dating," garcia said as j.j. nodded.  ben was now walking towards the two of them as garcia did an annoyed sigh. 

"here we go," garcia muttered as the two of them turned to face him.
-

"spence," you said, coming into morgan's office as you interrupted the conversation the two of them were having as reid turned to look at you, along with morgan. "it's ben," you said as you turned to look behind you in slight paranoia. 

reid shut the door behind you, pulling you closer to his side as you looked out of one of the windows. 

"i thought ben was fired?" morgan asked as he shut the blinds in the room. reid tightened his hold on you, keeping you close to him.

"he was," you muttered. "but he somehow got inside," you said, walking off to the other side of the room as morgan looked over at you. you peeked out of the blinds that morgan had put down before closing them and nervously looking towards reid.

"it's getting exhausting having to deal with him," you muttered, still looking over at reid. he nodded, coming over to you as he pulled you in closely. he tightened his hold on you as you let out a deep sigh.

"i just don't get why he won't let this go," you muttered, wrapping your arms around his neck as you held on tightly to him.