eighty five: good book

author's note: let me know which series you want another part on after this series finishes!!!

SISTER SERIES

CAN'T HELP MYSELF SERIES

WRAPPED AROUND HIS FINGER SERIES

thanks guys, gals, & non-binary pals!!!
^                              ^                            ^
(i definitely heard that from someone on youtube so please tell me who it is if you know!!!
-

on the way home from a case, you were sitting on another couch as you were reading a book. it was one that your dad had given you, and you were really excited to get into.

you weren't really paying much attention to anything going on around you so when you felt someone practically lay on top of you, you looked up a little confused.

"hey, spence," you said, looking down at him as you gave him a confused look. "everything okay?"

"morgan is trying to get himself into my personal feelings," he replied back softly as you looked off to the side in confusion once again.

"what?" you asked.

he tightened his hold on you, causing you to set down the book after you put the bookmark in it, now paying attention to what your boyfriend needed.

"he's asking me about if i'm okay or not just because i was distracted by something when we were playing cards," he said as you let out a sigh, running your fingers through his hair gently.

"are you?" you asked. "you know, okay?"

he let out a sigh as you continued to stare down at the top of his head. he shrugged, burying his head further into your stomach.

"i'll only admit anything to you," he told you as you smiled to yourself. "but no, i'm not okay. there's a reason, but i just don't want to worry you."

"if you think that i'm your girlfriend and i can't handle what you're going through, you're wrong, spence," you told him. "i just want you to see that."

he nodded, sitting up and looking at you.

his eyes stared into yours for a good few seconds until you blushed heavily and had to look away with a smile, grabbing the book once again when you were able to.

"______, look at me," he said softly as you obeyed, looking over at him as he continued to stare at you. you grew slightly uncomfortable as you looked away again, smiling to yourself. "i just want to admire you."

you cleared your throat, blush powdering your cheeks heavily as you opened the book but reid took it from your hands gently, causing you to look at him again. he pressed a kiss to your cheek, causing you to lean towards the direction he was sitting.

reid didn't hesitate to pull you towards him as he held you close, pressing small kisses to the side of your head as you pulled your knees up close to you.

he sighed, holding out the book in front of the two of you as you looked at it, leaning your head against reid's as he kept you close to him.

"who got you this?" he asked.

"my dad," you responded. "it was his favorite book in high school and he thought i should read it."

he pressed another kiss to your head.

"i'm not sure what books he read but-"

"you only like the statistical and historical ones, spence," you muttered with a slight laugh.

"they're informational," he responded. "why wouldn't i like the honesty of a good book?"

you smiled to yourself, feeling his arm tighten itself around your waist.

"just let me enjoy my book in peace," you muttered back with a smile on your lips, feeling him press another kiss to the side of your head as you held onto the book.

morgan looked over at the two of you, smiling to himself as he saw that reid was okay whenever he was with you.

that's all he wanted.

was for reid to be okay. because who know what he was going through right now other than you.