three: extra hours

it was a slow morning for you and reid seeing as the two of you were taking a couple of hours for yourself. you both needed it and hotch said it was fine as long as an urgent case didn't come up.

you sat up from the bed as you leaned your head against the head of the bed, causing reid to shift and soon awake as he looked up at you.

"______?" he asked softly as you looked over at him, giving him a sweet smile.

"hey, spence," you said softly.

"don't we have a case?" he asked, sitting up as you shook your head.

"i asked hotch for a couple of extra hours this morning unless an urgent case came up," you told him, letting out a small, content sigh.

he chuckled, pulling you into his hold and soon you were held against him as he pressed small kisses to your face and neck. you laughed softly.

"is this what you want to do with our extra couple of hours?" you asked sweetly. "because, spence, we do plenty at work already."

"you're so pretty," he said softly before pressing another kiss to your neck as you let out a small laugh.

"so are you, pretty boy," you responded.

it was about nine o'clock when reid's phone started ringing with j.j.'s contact as you picked it up.

"hey, j.j.," you said as she responded.

"hey, ______. sorry to interrupt this time but we've got a case. a child abduction. two have been found dead and a third was taken this morning only a couple of hours ago," she explained as you sighed, thanking her, and then ending the call after telling her that you two would be in.

"spence, there's been a child abduction. we have to go to work," you told him as he let out a sigh. "i know, i don't want to go either but we have to."

he nodded, slowly sitting up and pressing a brief kiss to your lips before getting out of the bed and going to get ready.

you smiled sweetly at him before getting up yourself to get ready as well.