one hundred and nineteen: can't help myself (part sixteen)

"what the hell!" reid said loudly at the rookie as j.j. and prentiss helped to ensure that you were safe and would be fine. all you did was stand up far too quickly so you would be okay but it was scary in the moment.

"yeah, that's right! i touched your girlfriend! i made her think it was you and guess what! it worked! i had her under my spell before you had to come back!"

reid shook his head.

"hotch will hear about this," he muttered, staring him down.

"i don't think hotch will care that much since this is your personal issue with me."

"oh," he began. "i think he will care very much. i could say you assaulted me and ______ and then you'd be fired."

"nothing will ever stop me from loving her and wanting you out of the picture!"

"she's my girlfriend! we're getting married! find another girl that's more, i don't know, available!" reid said loudly before leaving to go check on you.

-
"_____, you alright?" he asked, sitting with you as he ran his fingers through your hair. you nodded, sitting up and looking at him.

"i'm so sorry-"

"it's not your fault."

you continued to look at him, just staring at him in awe that he was yours.

"spence, you can have me."

he cocked his head in confusion. "what?"

"tonight. you can have me. in any way that you want to have me."

he laughed a little, pulling you into his hold as he held you close and tight to his chest. he didn't want you to feel worried or scared about anything going on right now.

"_____, angel, are you sure you're okay?"

you shook your head.

"spence, someone touched me in a sexually implicated way that wasn't you," you muttered. "i need you to protect me and i let down my guard for a little bit while i was alone and look what happened."

reid shook his head, causing you to look up at him.

"it's okay, you're alright. you're safe from him right now which is what matters to me."

you nodded, still staring up at him as he looked down at you.

"he's really trying hard to break us up."

"he's not going to succeed. everytime he does something to me that scares me, i get closer to you. i love you, spence. i love you with all my heart."

-
"rookie," morgan muttered on the jet ride home that night. "you really screwed up, i hope you know that."

the rookie chuckled, looking down at the cards he held in his hands.

"i'm not sure if screwed up is the correct use of words necessarily. i think it's more of me being finally fed up with reid getting her all to himself."

"it's not like you can share a girlfriend," morgan muttered.

"no," he replied. "but i want her for myself."

"i don't know how you don't get it. you're so blind to how much she loves and adores reid. why can't you let the girl be happy?"

the rookie smiled.

"i only want for her to be happy but, i want her so badly."

"let her be happy and if she ever felt like she and reid wouldn't of worked out, she would've come to you maybe."

the rookie looked over at you as you were asleep on reid.

"i wish he didn't walk in."

morgan shook his head, getting up and moving over to where prentiss was but not before saying something to him.

"i think we're all grateful he did."